content header
Monday, February 5, 2007
Blonde Chick Bloggin' - a ditzy freakin' mess
Well, well, well... where do I begin with this holy shitload of blonde-ness?

Blonde Chick Bloggin' is a pure pile of PINK blah. Can we say PEPTO-BISMOL? Maybe that Pepto-pink is for settling my stomach while reading what this "chick" has to say. I had so many blonde jokes running through my head while reading this site, but I'll refrain from spewing forth the bullshit--for now. On with the show...

Template: Cutesy pink, like I've said. Almost TOO cute. I haven't seen this template before, but I guess it fits her flighty-ass personality. Does the funky gal in the picture actually have WHITE hair? I can't tell for sure, I'm still seeing spots from the being blinded from the pinky pink.

Clean sidebar? Check.
No columns full of ads? Check.
No mind-boggling blinkies? Check.
Rolled-Up archives? Check.

But why in holy hell do we have to know what books she's reading? Is she trying to prove to us that blondes DO know how to read? And I would suggest ditching the "Help Us Track Our Debt" thing. TMI, blondie -- we don't care how much debt you are in. We're all in it, and we all want to get out of it.

My big suggestion would be this-- get something on your sidebar to list your categories/labels/tags, whatever. Then readers could sift through the fluff and get to the good stuff easier. Otherwise, its like looking for a fucking needle in a haystack.

Content: Shut my mouth and call me sassy. Does this chick have ADHD or what? Is she bi-polar? Her posts are all over the place. But she IS blonde, so maybe thats her excuse. Holy shit-- I can't figure out if she's a devout Scripture-spouting Christian or a sarcastic bitch with a super-caustic personality. She seems to change moods like some people change underwear. I read back through several months of archives, and I can't figure out what she's talking about a lot of the time. Several of her posts are written as if we should already know who and what she's talking about. My head hurts from reading through everything.

She started out her blog very even-keeled about a year ago. A few Christian posts, random updates on their shitload of debt. (yawn) After a few months though, she started getting quite snarky. An attitude with a capital A came out, and it was like a Blonde Barbie Jekyl and Hyde act. Now, the blog flips back and forth like a light switch-- the snarky bitch coming out every so often, with a smattering of God talk (praise reports, blessings-- *gag*) in between. I am amazed that the chick seems to have a gaggle of fans, and judging from the comments left, she's got **GASP** regular readers .

Weird thing is, she can be funny when she wants to be. Hilarious, actually. But then the next post will be so fucking boring it makes me want to hit myself in the head with my mouse to stay awake. Maybe the good posts are on days she forgets to dye her hair?

To sum it up--- this "chick" is All. Over. The. Place. GAWD.

Navigation/Clutter: - I'm tired of this blog, it makes my head hurt. So I'm not going to bother with this.

Would I Return? - Get the list of categories added to your sidebar so I could wade through the fluff, and call me in the morning. I might be back. I like the posts you've got under the "Random Bullshit" and "On The Soapbox" categories, so give me those and call it a day. Everything else is just fluff.

Rating for Blonde Chick Bloggin': 4

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Whisky says...

Hmmmmm, your comment about the pink theme made me reanalyse my blog tonight! It was ermmmmm almost the same, mushy pink, a little purple thrown in and even more pink. So....I clicked on one of the links on blonde chicks blog and found a (hopefully better) cool template.

I read a lot, but would never ever list all the books I have read on my blog.....it would go on and on forever, a bit like this comment LOL.

I agree the random and soapbox stuff is good. But it is a bit like a wobbly blancmange (sp).

Hugs

Whisky

xx

2/05/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Whisky says...

Hopefully my comment will be seen for what it is, a comment, showing an interest in your site. Not a dumb ass who keeps checking back to see if you have replied. But yes, I have just checked back as I saw you had removed the "they've found us" blog, and wanted to see if it was a glitch. It wasn't, you've replied to them in a manner I agree with.

You may be the new gals on the block....but as someone once said to them, maybe their fifteen minutes of fame are over, and your's is about to begin.

I hope there are no hard feelings regarding me leaving a comment or two. I just wanted to witness you growing and flourishing AND doing a darned good job too!

Hugs

Whisky

xx

2/05/2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger Sexy Simone says...

We love that you leave comments Whiskey! And for the record, I like your template :-) But shhhh... don't let anyone know that I'm a nice softy at heart ;)

2/05/2007 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home