content header
Friday, June 15, 2007
Surburban Oblivion


Blog Being Reviewed: Surburban Oblivion
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



At First Glance: YAWN Another Mom with alot of time on her hands during nap.

Template/Design: I Love the heading: Surburban Oblivion - Who are these kids and why are they calling me mom - hilarious. I started to get itchy over the sidebars but then I saw THIS SITE and it totally redeemed itself. Her sides look like stickers from the Drs. So at least it's colorful, lol

Content: Well smack me and call me Myrtle. I like. The title already told me the perspective would be from Surburbia and thus I had prepared for a snoozefest, but I was pleasantly surprised. She talks about her life in a june clever/peg bundy sorta way and doesn't take it too seriously. I read some hilarious letter to her husband about sleep and she relates her stories well. Not to mention she gets Mad comments and has another site HERE and HERE as well. Her kids must be being raised by the Backyardigans, lol lol. Her site reads like Readers Digest. I like.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? I would make my main blog a different template than the other two. Set it apart from the others.

What is the best feature of this blog? The writing and presentation of the writing (she uses pictures HOORAY).

Rating: 10 out of 10 - Yep! She has bursted my non-ten cherry! For some reason this blog got to me with it's pictures, it's stories, it's other blogs, the number of comments, the fact she is real and I have secret hatred about the mobilization of the mommy blogs, lol Congrats!!!

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Wow, thanks much!!

Two corrections though- TopBlogMag is just a site I contribute to, I'm not a part of running it. Also, my kids are NOT being raised by the Backyardigans, and only a rookie would suggest such a thing. A real mom knows you lock them in their rooms with Blues Clues playing on a loop, and throw them a Lunchable twice a day. The toss time counts as quality time, so I cannot possibly be accused of neglecting them.

6/15/2007 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home