content header
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
As I start looking through the list of blogs on our "Waiting List" I think to myself...

Are we ever going to find a blog that's a total ZERO or a perfect TEN? Could this be the day?

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Oh, Miss DaisyJO from O-hi-O (a poet and she didn't know it!)-- the first thing I noticed when I opened her page was that her first post referenced "The Shawshank Redemption." That immediately made me like her right off the bat because I've seen the movie and read the book, and I loved both. Great first impression you've made on me, my dear!

Template: I like LOVE it. The daisies in the background are a little blurry, but that totally helps it be not quite so obnoxious, and definitely goes with the title. I'll go ahead and add the "Clutter" part of the review right here, because there just isn't any! A very clean page, nothing annoyingly taking my attention off what she has to say. No ads, no mile-long blogroll (only 8 links!). A few books she likes/recommends, and that's about it! Just a refreshingly "neat as a pin" blog. Not a template I would have picked but its better than BLACK or WHITE.

Content: She puked on her pastor's shoes when she was younger! Need I say more? A touching story, and it made me smile. She has quite the way of telling a story-- very descriptive, and I feel like I can relate to what she's trying to say. Some might think she's a little wordy, but I've never been one for 2 or 3 sentence posts. (Can you tell from this site? We're WORDY with a capital W!) She's got a great mixture of humor and in-depth writing.

After reading the first page of her site, she's captured my attention. I decided to check out her "100 Things" post. Everyone does these now, don't they? I enjoy reading them, and it is usually one of the first things I look at when stumbling onto a new blog. Girl, you're a lefty just like me, and I will surely be calling you to set up an appointment for you to come paint my living room, since you enjoy it so much!

I read through several months of her archives (internet dating and all), and she has a great way of using past experiences to tell a story of what's going on in her life now. Like I said already, she's very detailed in telling her side of things, and I read through her posts with baited breath to see what she would say next. A great insight into her life, and I was impressed.

My comments to DaisyJo:
Some of my favorite posts... Here, here, and here... there's more, but I've put enough damn links in this review already!

Navigation: I'm so getting rid of this category...

Would I Return? Girl, you've already been added to my daily reads. I will most definitely be back. I notice you don't have many comments from readers on your site, so maybe its not very well known?

People, do me a favor. Go visit her, and leave her a comment if you like what she's got to say.

I'm feeling particularly happy today, and I'm going to continue reading this blog for a while to occupy my time. Assuming I won't find anything remotely crappy about this blog, I'm going to take a grand step and make this blog my first.

My first ten.

Rating: 10 out of 10. (I'd give the content alone a 12 actually, but 10's the highest I can go.)

You knew it would happen eventually, right?

Labels:

content header

5 Comments:

Blogger Sexy Simone says...

Absolutely and totally worth a 10! Great review for an equally great blog!!

2/27/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger RubyLou says...

I'm diggin' her! Her posts are smart and fun. I like that combonation. The template... eh... not my cup of tea but it is most certanily CLEAN! WOOT! I love clean!!!

2/27/2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Lara says...

Awww, this day needs to go down in history!

I didn't see the daisies as blurred so much as kind of impressionist-Monet-esque.

2/27/2007 10:39 AM  
Blogger Daisy says...

Wow, Ladies! I'm honored. You know what they say, you never forget your first (even if you try!) In all seriousness, I hoped you'd like it, but never dreamed I get such a great score. You made my day.

Midwest Girl, that's exactly what I was going for. Monet is my favorite.

Thanks a bunch, Diva. Now I can stop holding my breath.

2/27/2007 5:14 PM  

I'm going to check it out now. I'm always looking for funny, down to earth, no ad blogs. This one seems to fit the bill perfectly. If you're right, I will see you on the flip side at He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not.

2/27/2007 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home