content header
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Confessions of a New Mommy
Oh no.

Deep breath. In. Out. In. Out.

Any blog that has the word 'mom', 'mommy', or 'mother' in the title has a 50/50 chance of being something decent to read. So, when I saw my next blog to review was titled "Confessions of a New Mommy", I got a little nervous.

And then I started reading, and I figured out where she falls in the world of mommy bloggers. Shall we begin?

Template: Again, a mostly white page. Hmmm. Pretty subdued graphic at the top, but what is with the roses at the very bottom of your sidebar? I'm a little confused by that, because it really has no purpose for being there that I can decipher, and it has nothing to do with the title of the blog or the header graphic.

Other than the goofy roses, the blog is very neat and clean. She hasn't been blogging for long (only since January), so there's not a lot of junk to contend with. Yet. As long as she stays away from sponsored ads and avoids cluttering her little area of the internet world, she'll be just fine.

And girl, I've got the perfect tagline for your blog... because your post about it literally made me laugh my ass off.


Confessions of a New Mommy
...stitches on your cooch suck.


Content: Ah, my favorite part of this blog. Me likey. I can honestly say I have officially sat and read every single post this chick has written, and I'm in love. I have laughed, almost cried, gotten pissed off, the whole range of emotions. Honey, you are way too good for him. He treated you like a poop nugget and you deserve way better. And don't for one minute think YOU got dumped. YOU put your foot down, and he wasn't ready to commit and be an ADULT. Men are pussies when it comes to being mature.

I swear I'm going to make a list of all the cool, hip, kick-ass mommy bloggers out there, and get us all together for a big par-tay. Miss Confessions here would be one of the first on my list, right after Sexy Simone and Ruby Lou. Ma bitches come first, ya know.

Now---On to a more serious note. This twenty-something has been through a lot in her life. A new baby. A man that treated her like crap. The death of both of her parents. And she writes about it all with such flair. I can feel every emotion she's talking about, and it makes me just want to reach out and hug her. And even more so, it makes me want to bitch-slap her ex and his whore.

Would I Return? Hell yes! Miss Confessions is a tough cookie, and she isn't taking shit from anyone. Go check her out, and I think you'll agree.

Rating: 9 (not a 10; but only because I think you need a new template to go with your personality. Your anything but flowers and butterflies, my dear.)

Damn, my spell-check does NOT like the word "cooch."

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger rookiemom says...

WOW! Here I am all nervous and you grace me with a nine? *blush*

I agree about the template, btw. I just have yet to find one that tickles my fancy enough to change it.

4/03/2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Anderson says...

I love her too!

4/04/2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Jeni says...

that's my mommy-blogger friend!

she is good. very good.

lay off the mommy-bloggers. we're not all bad.

4/04/2007 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home