content header
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Pardon The Egg Salad and Kuma's Place
Finally we're back :) Sorry it took a few days, but we're back in action - ready to make you happy with are award winning posts (well, not really), but most likely we will just piss you off (most definitely)

Pardon The Egg Salad

Template - It is simple but has great colors and modern, clean lines. The 4 eggs in the corner go nicely with the name. It really does have a nice relaxing feel to it without being too boring. The sidebar is long - well never ending is more the word. However, it is extremely well categorized and placed. She has pictures and links that break it up and make it all flow well together. I love that!

Content - Well if it tells you anything she was just given a Thinking Blogger Award which is pretty cool if you ask my opinion. She has a degree in creative writing and it really shows! I can't tell you how long I spent on her blog reading back over the archives, because I was genuinely entertained. It was fun humor in most of the posts, nothing too racy or full of swear words (although I don't usually mind people talking like truck drivers, but today I wasn't really in the mood for that kind of humor). Some of the posts bored me, but most of them were interesting enough to keep my attention. I have to say, I enjoyed her life mixed with a few videos and pictures. All around an A+ blog I would say!

In Summation - I personally have already bloglined her and I like her! I don't think everyone will love her, but most will enjoy what she has to say. Therefore -

Rating - 9 out of 10

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kuma's Place

Template
- YAWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!! Boring boring boring. Could I say it anymore? Sure I can!! BORING BORING BORING! This time I feel I must scream it. Typical, standard blogger, but one that I just don't like. It doesn't show any personality whatsoever. NONE! Oh - and one of my biggest pet peeves?? Get a link that takes you back to the main page, I kept having to go to your profile when I wanted to get back to the beginning!!

Content - This is where I get over the bitchiness and onto more about the person. Dannie is a 35 year old stroke survivior which in itself is fabulous, not to mention that she had a brain tumor removed. Just to digress for a moment - my grandmother had a stroke and I saw what she went through and she was never herself again. She died shortly thereafter and I guess I have always had a place in my (albeit very small) heart for people that go through such a serious medical condition. Not that I'm giving her any symptathy when it comes to her blog, because I'm just not that nice :)

But she really puts it out there that she is only writing to release stress and pressure, and to amuse herself. Kudos for that. Normally I'm not a fan of that per se but I think she sounds like a very genuine and likeable person, even if she is right - her blog won't win any awards. However that doesn't mean that people can't write strictly becuase they enjoy it, and often those make some of the best blogs.

You have to read This post about what she did to her husband in the middle of Walmart. OMG I would've been rolling on the floor laughing if I had been there to watch and hear that :) This girl definately seems as if she is a great person and probably a great friend to have. I liked her so much, and I think she shows incredibly courage and spirit despite all her problems with medical crap.

Rating - I'm doing something I have NEVER done - and I mean NEVER. I am overlooking the horrible, god awful, and boringest template I have ever seen and giving her a rating based on content alone. *Shock! Horror!* I know - there is a first for everything
8 out of 10

Dannie - email me and I will send you links to free templates so you can make your blog a 10 out of 10!!

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill C says...

I've been reading Pardon The Egg Salad for several months; definitely a great find. With a name like Velocibadgergirl, what's to not like?

3/31/2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl says...

Thanks for the review!

I totally agree with you on the sidebar, even though it's mine, but I just can't ever figure out what to cut. ;)

3/31/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger DannieS72 says...

ah SS-I did it! I finally got the template updated for Kuma's Place! I took your advice *& BEGGED a friend to help me out! thank you so much for getting me to do something about the BORING template!

4/18/2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home