content header
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Curmudgeonisms
Up next for the slaughter is Curmudgeonisms

Oh Dave from Hooterville, Nevada. You old curmudgeon.

Or are you?

Curmudgeon: sourpuss, bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous, bitter, full of resentment, stubborn.

I was having a hell of a time figuring out just who you are. Are you a 70-year old man who thought he'd start a blog because no one in his family listens to what he has to say? Or, are you a 17 year old smartass with severe acne and no girlfriend to call your own, so you started a blog?

Turns out, as I read further-- he's around 46-47 years old. (Born in 1960, so it could go either way.) Here's a typical rundown of his posts from the last few months (try and keep up):

One liner
You Tube
One Liner
Joke that someone forwarded to him
Google search results
One liner
Good post
Spam of the day
One liner
Another joke someone sent him
google search results
Spam of the day
You Tube
Fuck Off Friday

yeah, thats pretty much it. A couple commenters per post, but from the looks of it, its mostly all the same people. But with all those visitors, he feels the need to have not one-- but THREE sitemeters??-- what exactly are we tracking here?

Not much to report about the template. Grey background, not much color. But this blog maybe isn't supposed to be a personal blog, is it? It's not like he tells anything about his life, at least not from what I have seen. Mostly just random outbursts every so often when he feels like it. I guess if I had to picture an old curmudgeon, I suppose bird shit grey would be the first thing to come to mind, am I right?

Sidebar? - Here goes. Hold on to your panties, ladies. This is going to be a bumpy ride. It starts out half the time by opening way at the bottom of his page. Probably because its weighted the hell down by all the junk he's got in it. Here's a peek:


Click my logo to get Dave's Bar & Garage Gear
Moon phases (WTF? What are those?)
Visitor map - Yes, i can see the red dot placed strategically where I am from!
Daily Day by Day
some cartoon shit

More ads
Links
All kinds of other wacky shit


Archives are a mess - again, blogging since November 2004, and again, another blog that feels the need to list every single fucking month on his sidebar. What's worse, he has them listed as "01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007" instead of just saying "JANUARY 2007." Puh-leeze.

His "Blogs Worth a Read" include about a gazillion blogs, and some pretty damn good ones. You might actually find some worth reading on a regular basis. But the list goes on and on, with no fucking end in sight. At least have it scrolling, or something so it takes up less space if you don't want to roll it up or hide it altogether.

The home page includes about 40+ posts-- all on the first page! I actually stopped counting at 45, so I could be wrong-- maybe there's MORE. Is that why this guy has a sidebar so fucking long? He wants it to be the same length as his posts?

Would I Return? Um, no. Probably not. Most of the jokes he posts are ones I've had forwarded to me a million times already by fuckwads that have nothing better to do than sit their fat-ass in front of their computer and forward shit. And the only thing he's writing himself is usually only one or two sentences per post. Everything else is copied from somewhere else.

(edited to add: hardy-fucking-har, before all of you haters blast me with comments about THAT comment, I'll go ahead and say it myself, to save you all some time. "Isn't that the fucking pot calling the kettle black?" Dur-hur-hur, really, you guys are hilarious.)

I was going to give this one a rating of 2, but I was feeling nice. So I'm adding a bonus for his disclaimer at the bottom of his site, which made me literally snort with laughter when I read it. So much so, that I think I killed the last few brain cells I have allocated for this week.

Here's his disclaimer:


All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author.
The author's opinions do not represent those of his employers, friends, or relations, unless posted by them personally.
Presentation of content never will imply endorsement unless specifically stated as such.
All contents copyright ME ("curmudgeon") 2004-2005, all rights reserved everywhere, with the exception of original material not created by me which is copyrighted and property of the author.
Void where prohibited.
Batteries not included.
Use only as directed.
Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment.
This is neither an offer to sell nor an offer to buy.
Apply only to affected area.
May be too intense for some viewers.
For recreational use only.
If condition persists, consult your physician.
Subject to change without notice.
Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement.
For off-road use only.
One size fits all.
Colors may, in time, fade.

...there's more. Go check it out for yourself. It's actually good!

So, I'll go ahead and give this a 3 out of 10.

Thanks for letting us review your blog.

Labels:

content header

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

You should try night school for a writing course. I cannot believe all the syntax errors here. No Harvard degree for you. Also, from the manner in which you write it would be great for the second grade.

2/06/2007 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Gee thanks, I always take stock in things submitted anonymously.

Fuck off.

I hope you aren't going to get your red pen out and correct all the errors in this comment.

If so, fuck off again.

2/06/2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger Yokooso says...

Hey I love how you said, "...which made me literally snort with laughter when I read it."

If something is so funny that it made you snort I better get over there right now and take a look!!!

Check ya l8er.

Oh and thank-you so much for not switching to the new blogger...I HATE IT!!! The stupid comment box doesn't work properly...it cuts your comment off so a person can't even preview their comment...Stupid Blogger-Beta-that-is-no-longer-"Beta", YA RIGHT!!!???

HA-HA-right?

Why the heck is that "preview" option even there in the "new" blogger any how, that's what I'd like to know, not like it has a purpose or anything!!! Grrumph

2/06/2007 8:49 PM  
Blogger Whisky says...

Template? What template, I didn't even notice it! I did find the joke about the rail tracks funny....but then rethought and ewwwwww!

Dates, dates and more dates.

oh, for the guy who hasn't got beta, if you get a g mail account it's really easy, but that's only my opinion :)

Hugs

Whisky

xxx

2/07/2007 3:47 AM  
Blogger curmudgeon says...

OUCH!!!!
Well, at least you had a couple nice things to say!

I was going to post my rebuttal here, but I'll do it in the blog instead. If you're interested, you'll HAVE to go there (again) to read it. ;)

Thanks for reviewing it by the way, and that's about the score I expected.

2/07/2007 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home