content header
Monday, February 5, 2007
Incoherent-ish

Incoherent-ish

Huh, I really, honestly don't know where to start. I like this blog, I don't like this blog, I enjoy the writing, I don't enjoy the writing, I like the template, I don't like the template. You can see my dilema here!

Let's just start with what we see shall we? For the most part, I enjoy the template, although it is not usually my style. Maybe that is what is throwing me off. At first I was WAY put off by the scary little faces staring back at me. Then I thought, okay, kind of cute. Then I thought, couldn't you do a little better with the header? Hence my see-saw nature of this review.

The sidebar looks great for the most part. Archives are rolled, which I love, and it has very distinct titles which I also love. I don't love Trish's linky love - I think that could be rolled up as well. Call me crazy but if I have to scroll for what seems like forever to get to the next category it might be time to roll 'em up.

The purple sidebar is good, although I'm finding out from previous comments on this blog that people hate purple. HUH? What is there to hate? Unless it is so overpowering that it looks like a purple crayon threw up, I'm okay with it. BUT... the blue blog body does not go with the purple sidebar. If it's going to be purple then make it all purple with different shades, if it is going to be blue then make it different shades of blue, but DO NOT combine them thinking they look okay because they don't.

Now, let's get to the writing... I'm loving it and not so loving it at the same time. There are some very cute shorter posts that made me laugh and/or ponder, but the longer posts seem rather mundane. But again, some of the longer posts, especially the ones made for humor are actually funny. I'm very wishy-washy with this one. There isn't anything in particular that I hate, but again there is nothing I totally love. So, with that I ask the question - Would I return?

Probably yes, but maybe not for very long. By now you all should have figured out the rating on this blog - it sort of goes along with my wishy washy review -

Rating - 5 out of 10

Labels:

content header

10 Comments:

Blogger Trish Ess says...

I was expecting something a lot more scathing than a "wishy-washy review".

~shrug~

We have good days and bad days. I'm not paid to be funny. I say what's on my mind when it's on my mind. If it's funny, it's all good. If not, it's my blog, and I don't particularly give a flying f**k. :)

As for the colours, I've tried using two purples and two blues.. and it was too much. Your opinion is your opinion, and I respect it, but I'm not gonna change it.

Thanks for the review. It wasn't good. It wasn't bad. I give it a 5. ;)

2/05/2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Whisky says...

Only my opinion, but i agree with the purple blue thing....but I am a complete purple freak, so much so my car is purple!

Nice readable font size....and links to uk shows! wooohoooo. Guess where I reside LOL.

so, maybe a hint more red in that blue might tip it towards the pink purple scale.....but I loiked it! (as said in my accent pmsl).

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

2/06/2007 3:50 AM  
Blogger Sexy Simone says...

Whoa - Let me get this straight. You want a scathing review? You don't give a flying fuck what I say? You're not going to change a thing?

Um, yeah, so why did you sign up for a review?

Your blog is only so-so, you actually got one of the better scores and still you complain?

What the hell is wrong with you people??

2/06/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Trish Ess says...

Erm.. no.. I said I was expecting a more scathing review. And I said I don't give a flying fuck if I can't be funny all the time. And I signed up for a review because I was ASKED to by one of you.

You know, my response was done tongue-in-cheek because I wanted to show that I was taking this all in fun - the way I thought it was intended. I thought you'd get it by the smilies I put in my comment.

2/06/2007 8:14 AM  

Comment deleters!

Like I said...

And I signed up for a review because I was ASKED to by one of you.

So within the first week you have put up unoriginal content, begged people to submit for review, and picked a fight to get more hits.

Yeah... a real solution to blog success.

I wonder how many visits from here Trish is getting?

2/06/2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Oh doggy poo - are you still here?

We deleted ONE post, and the comments along with it. One of the main reasons was because I did NOT think it was appropriate for someone to "anonymously" post one of the IT2M's personal sites. That was uncalled for, the argument was getting out of hand, and so I deleted it.

You really need a new bone, a chew toy, or something. How 'bout a muzzle?

We hope Trish IS getting some traffic through all this. I would hope all of the blogs we review end up getting some traffic!

2/06/2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Trish- You've got a great blog, I think the purple/blue thing doesn't quite go with the header, but if YOU like it, so be it.

I thought your content was good. My main suggestion would have been to roll-up your blogroll, if you really want to have a "description" of each one on there. You not only list the site, but almost all of them have a comment next to them.

Believe it or not, Sexy Simone asked to do your review, because she had already read your blog before. Hard to be too 'scathing' and 'vicious' when its a blog one of us already reads, right?

2/06/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Trish Ess says...

Diva Dee ~ Thank you.. and I haven't completely decided what colour I'm going to use as my permanent blog colour yet. For now, I'm keeping it the way it is because I like it. :)

I've just added the comments to my "Linky Love" - the roll was shorter before - and I know I have to roll it up. I just wanted my "regulars" to see the love I've given them before doing it. I want my regulars to know how much I love them and their blogs. Sometimes its just nice to let others know they're appreciated.

As for Sexy Simone asking to do my review - she ASKED to do a review on a "so-so" blog?? Why!? Then when I respond - a tongue-in-cheek response - complete with SMILIES, she takes everything I say out of context and asks "us people" what the hell is wrong with US?! WTF?! Xanax not working for her today or what?? Totally uncalled for.

A review is just one person's opinion. If plays shut down because of the voice of one critic, there'd be nothing on broadway. Sexy Simone? Seriously, hon. Take it down a notch. I thought this was all in fun. You sucked all the joy out of it.

2/06/2007 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Smiles don't always read the way they should and for that I apologize. I asked to do the review because I know you are better than what your blog portrays and I wanted you to see that in black and white. Like I said, last night I found your blog so-so, but that isn't to say that it can't be much better and that was my whole point. So, let's just agree to disagree or agree to get along or whatever stupid saying I can think of when i'm not on my Xanax :)

2/06/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Send some Xanax my way, dammit.

I'm totally needing some today.

2/06/2007 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home