content header
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Ruth Speaks Up
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed
: Ruth Speaks Up
Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka


____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: **sigh** It's black. And plain. Really, really plain. I whisper to myself, "please, please, be funny, or creative, or brilliant, or bitchy or SOMETHING." Be anything that isn't boring and monochromatic like this BLACK.


Template/Design: Ruth, do yourself a favor: visit one of the many sites that Diva Dee listed a few posts ago, and pick out a new template. PLEASE!!! Because I gotta tell you, this one sucks. No offense. I don't know what happened to your sidebar, but somehow it got stuck down at the very bottom of the page, like a fat kid in an innertube. Oh, and please don't blog in different colors. It just makes my eyes hurt. Thank you in advance for never doing that again. Oh, and I've been wanting to get "Julie and Julia." Is it any good? But I digress...


Content: Ah, but the lady doth redeem herself, methinks... I started out expecting to be bored out of my skull. But I was pleasantly surprised. She's smart and funny, with just a touch of sarcasm, which Lord knows, I DO enjoy. But Ruth, dude, time to get that kid potty-trained. I mean REALLY. It's TIME. No offense. It is none of my business if you have to change your kid's diaper before he goes out on his first date. Ha!

Read this and tell me her father-in-law is not a fuh-reak! I will tell you that you are a liar. This one cracked me up. I could NEVER talk to the eyebrow-waxing-lady like that. I would have said, "Oh, that's FABULOUS!" and then went home and cried myself to sleep.

All in all, I like what she has to say very much. And I like how she says it.


What is the first thing I would change about this blog?: Get a purdy template, get that sidebar up where she's supposed to be, and move your archives closer to the top. That DNA thing is cute, but it's probably what is making your sidebar too fat.


What is the best feature of this blog?: I like the writing, I like the pictures.


Rating: 7

Labels:

content header

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth says...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/27/2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Ruth says...

chatty Chicka - thanks for the overall good review. I agree with you about the black template (I'm working on it), and I'm not sure what was up with the sidebar when you visited.

You ladies are the bomb.

PS: Julie and Julia is a great book - very much worth the time!

6/27/2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home