content header
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Shrike & Whozat



Blog Being Reviewed: Shrike & Whozat
Reviewed By: Diva Dee


At First Glance: I love being terrifying. So when I see the very post is something like THIS, I giggle a little.

Template/Design: I'm going to somewhat overlook the boring blogger template. 99% of bloggers out there have a standard blogger template, and so I will refrain from bashing this one. But its gray, blue and white. Probably could stand to be spiced up a bit. Add some red hearts or something! I like the title, the tagline and the header pic, though. It's personal.

Content: Whozat is a 30-something native Texan-- and a self-proclaimed extrovert. She met her partner (Shrike) 9 years ago on the internet. This blog is the story of her (their) life. So what happens when you take a couple of lesbians, add in their wedding story, one of them trying to get pregnant, and lots more interesting stuff?

The result is a good blog. Perhaps a great blog.

I really like this blog. I could be redundant and exclaim that I LOVE IT... ok, yes. I admit. I love it. You people are all making my job way too easy--throwing out high ratings is easy when blogs are as good as this one.

I enjoy reading about their journey. I've gotten into reading about them moving to a new state together, and you can tell how excited they are at the prospect of starting a family together. They seem to have a wonderful relationship, it's very clear to see throughout the writing. I wish you the best of luck in starting your family, and many happy years together as a couple. You both seem like great people. And I have grown quite fond of the term "pee stick."

What Would Be The One Thing I Would Change About This Blog? The template is a little yawn-inducing.

What is the Best Feature of this Blog? The content.

Rating: 9

Labels:

content header

4 Comments:

Blogger Whozat says...

Wow! Thanks!

Ironically, given that the one thing you didn't like was my template, I made my living as a web developer for several years, and it's killing me to have a standard template, when I know I could create something better.

However, I'm not so much with the xlm, and it took me forever to figure out how to get that much customization to jive with Blogger.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial or something on how to make my custom html template mesh with blogger's fancy-schmancy do-dads, I would much appreciate it and will get right on prettying it up.

Whozat

6/19/2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Whozat says...

um, that should be XML, not xlm. (no wonder I'm not so good at it!)

6/19/2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

On your blogger screen, where it has tabs for "Posting" "Settings", etc... click on "Template."

Click on "Edit HTML."

At the very bottom of the page (you have to scroll all the way down) you click on "Revert to Classic Template."

There you should be able to create your own, or copy/paste html code from a design.

Good luck!

6/19/2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger Whozat says...

Thanks. I was trying to edit the current version of it, and it was yelling at me about malformed xml. Grrr.

I'll give that a shot!

I'm glad you enjoyed the blog - thanks for the great review.

6/19/2007 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home