content header
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Things We Said Today




Blog Being Reviewed: Things We Said Today
Reviewed by: Diva Dee



At First Glance: Pic's a bit blurry, as well as the title. We'll check it in something besides Internet Explorer and see if it changes.

Template/Design: No, still blurry-- even in Opera. And Firefox. Looks like it was a small graphic that got blown up. Sidebar is full of unnecessary stuff. Your Watkins hoopla should get rolled into one link, and move it off your main page. Archives are WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY down at the bottom, and should be moved higher up. And I don't see one single thing in your sidebar that tells me who you are, or why you are blogging. Even your title doesn't say much to me, besides that it sounds like a group effort, and not a blog authored by one person. WHO ARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU BLOGGING? WHERE ARE YOU FROM? You have quotes from other people, books you've read, and at least 3 different sidebar titles for other blogs you read. What about YOU?

The fonts? Can't you make it something a little prettier, and not so Blogger 1.0?
And why are people so gung-ho on adding funky things to their sidebar? For example, a Google search box is just plain freakin' silly. If I wanted to find something on Google, wouldn't I just go to Google's site? It's unnecessary and it wastes space.

Content: Let me start off by saying this is not the type of blog I would get into, so I'm having a hard time reviewing the content. She apparently homeschools, is a rep/distributor for Watkins products, and is religious. M'kay.

Do any of you know what a courting family is? I didn't either.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here, people. I don't like this blog. There are beliefs and practices in this blog that I disagree with, so will I get bashed for bashing HER and her beliefs? I'll be honest-- I am against homeschooling, I am a proud member of the Democratic party, I am 100% FOR stem-cell research, and I am pro-choice... the list could go on. I tried to find some posts in this blog I can link you all to showing things I LIKED about it, but I really didn't find any. I just flat out don't like this blog.

What is the one thing I would change about this blog? Burp-- I think I just saw a Pay Per Post ad. Gawd.

What is the best feature of this blog? I'm still searching for it.

Rating: I'm sticking with my personal opinion on this entertainment blog, and giving this a 3.

Labels:

content header

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy says...

Spot on review, Diva Dee.

6/26/2007 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Can't blame you - I tried to read this blog and it's 100% against my personal ideas. Added to the fact the layout is... well...

6/26/2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger utenzi says...

I think you're too tough on this blog, Diva Dee. Her writing seems fine. I must admit that I did have a knee jerk reaction when I first looked at it though--for the same reasons you list. I'm a left leaning research scientist so I don't see eye to eye with her views but isn't she better than a "3"?

6/27/2007 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Gees diva-dee, are you 12? Only because you don't agree with her morals and values did you give her a 3. Do you feel threatened by it?
The writer of this blog is very articulate and voices her opinion.

What would you change about this blog? I'm sure you would like this blogger to change her opinion and then you would like the blog, no matter how it looked.
I would give it a 7.

7/02/2007 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home