content header
Friday, June 22, 2007
Slightly Mordant
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed
: Slightly Mordant
Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka


____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: I love the header, hate the lack of color, throughout this blog. But the pictures on the header are mysterious and sexy, so I'm anxious to get started reading...


Template/Design: Again, I definitely think the blog could use some more color. But the header is terrific. The sidebar is a little fluffed up with unnecessary crap (damn those button thingies!) but I love, LOVE the option to view or hide the blogroll.


Content: Here's where we break down a little. He's a helluva nice guy, but "Mordant"? I had no clue what mordant meant till I saw the definition on his header, and I have to tell you, if you're gonna bill yourself as "caustic" or "sarcastic", then caustic and sarcastic you must be. But he's not. He's a slightly boring, seemingly very nice guy who enjoys his life and enjoys writing about it. I didn't really see strong emotion, good OR bad, on anything I read. Still, it's hard to dislike him. Unfortunately, it's hard to get interested enough to keep reading, either.


What is the first thing I would change about this blog?: I'd add some color, definitely. And maybe write about something you HATE, or something that makes you SAD. Inject some more emotion into your writing. I can't stress this enough, I want to see some PASSION in what I read!


What is the best feature of this blog?: Although this is not my idea of a GREAT blog, it's certainly not one of the worst I've ever read. He's intelligent, articulate, and refreshingly polite. Gotta love those English men, dontcha? As for the best feature, for ME it's those pictures on the header. Dude, I adore those eyes!!!


Rating: 6
Although it's not a blog that I would blogroll, I recommend you give him a read, and decide for yourselves. You may love him...

Labels:

content header

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael says...

Thanks for the review, okay not hauled over the coals as I was expecting. Some constructive things to address.

I am kinda of thinking of adding some color and dropping a bunch of those button thingies.

Working on the content.

So thanks again for the review definitely gives me a better direction to think about.

6/26/2007 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I've been reading this blog for a while, although not regularly. He has some really good post, and looks like a nice guy. Good review... but I would have rated a bit higher !

6/28/2007 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home