content header
Monday, June 18, 2007
Petals of My Life
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed
: Petals of My Life
Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka
____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: There's a lot of really, really putrid yellow, which for some reason makes me want a hotdog...


Template/Design:
Aside from the mustard-y yellow, the template itself is not so bad. I like the tree with the rainbow thingy. But in my humble opinion, the posting area could be MUCH wider, and the whole thing wouldn't look so crammed up together. The posts and sidebar are set up quite nicely, however. Oh yuck, I hate, HATE, HATE those button things all stuck together at the bottom.


Content: I'm immediately and completely turned off by the HUGE button that says "HIRE ME - A post on this blog is $5." I don't want to stomp on anyone's ability to make money, but it's very off-putting to me. However, when I clicked on "Daily Life" in the sidebar, I got to read much more about her and her life.

Now, I'm not being rude here, I swear. But apparently she writes in another language, and then uses some kind of translating thingy, which really is beyond my understanding, but sometimes the results are HILARIOUS. Like this statement: "My head feels like it has been runned over by a truck and the nose is not to play with." hee. That made me laugh out loud.


What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Change the ugly yellow to something more soothing, widen that blog posting area and make the font bigger so I don't strain my eyes to read. Also, and this is just my opinion, get rid of all the button things at the bottom, which are just nothing but clutter, and move that horrid HIRE ME button to the bottom. I would get all the hired posts off the main page and onto a linked page.

What is the best feature of this blog? She seems like a nice person, and of course, reading the sometimes wild translations is great fun. Relax, I'm not laughing AT you.... I'm laughing WITH you...

Rating: 4

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

LOL!
Thanks for rewieving my site. :) 'm swedish, that's why my english seems a bit weird. As I think in swedish it sometimes don't get right when typing it down, I know. *s* But the most important thing is that my friends understand me. :)

The template, yes... it's a borrowed one. It'll be gone soon anyways as I'm planning a new blog. I've decided to have one (about the hire me) and one new fresh personal. Feel free to visit that one later. :)

This is the first time anyone rewievs me so this was a nicce score anyways. Thank you!

6/20/2007 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home