content header
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Tetherd Cow Ahead
Now, one of my biggest pet peeves is poor spelling. I try to spell-check everything before I post it, but sometimes even the spell checker doesn't catch it every time. So of course I immediately saw Tetherd Cow Ahead and thought "IT'S SPELLED WRONG!" Oh my, I can jump all over this guy's shit and show him what "Tethered" really means! ! !

Oh yeah, except he TOLD me it was spelled wrong, and for a reason...

Hey Girls,
Come play with me. Don't hold back, I can handle it.
My blog: Tetherd Cow Ahead
URL:
http://www.tetherdcow.com
(And yes, 'tetherd' is spelled wrong. Everybody tells me. It's supposed to be - you need to read Post #1 to fully understand - don't worry it's just a picture. Nothing deep.)

The Reverend.


OK, I like the premise, but somewhere in your sidebar (sidebar, sidebar, where's the sidebar dammit?) you should add an "About Me" and link to that first post so people know how your blog got its name.

So, I guess I'm actually going to have to rate this blog on content and template, instead of just bashing the spelling... Oh happy day!

Template: It's clean, it's simple, but why in the hell does the sidebar hang clear down the page? Fix that right quick, sir. I literally had to scroll down through a whole lotta of posts to get to the sidebar.

The picture of "you" is scary as hell, and really doesn't fit in with the rest of the page. And like the last blog I reviewed, what the fuck is up with the 20 posts on the front page? Is it a Wordpress thing or what? Someone please clue me in on this, because if its something you can't change, I won't harp on it so much, but GOD HELP ME!

Content: Half of this blog seems to be his own version of Jay Leno's "Headlines" which is some pretty funny shit. I had a great time reading through them. I, too, am considering changing all my light bulbs to the new fancy-schmancy fluorescent ones, and got a kick out of reading this. It's definitely true!

The other half of the blog seems to be a ploy to make me feel as dumb as possible. I spent a lot of time looking things up in the dictionary because there were so many words I was unsure of. I hate feeling dumb and all, so this blog was a learning experience for me. Overall, the content is pretty good. It made me think, it made me laugh, and like I've said before, funny ranks high in my book.

On a more serious note, this blogger lost his wife a few years ago, and what a fine tribute he gives to her on a regular basis. Rest in peace, Kate! I don't know you, but from what I've read, you must have been a woman we all would have been blessed to know. Reverend, I admire your strength and your ability to maintain a sense of humor despite your incredible loss.

Clutter/Navigation: Just fix the sidebar problem, oh mighty bone rattler and cow whisperer. Then it would be just fine.

Would I Return? Probably yes. I enjoyed reading this blog, and I found a lot of humor in it. I enjoy the tongue-in-cheek smart-aleck type of writing, and this guy was all over it like stink on shit.

Rating: 7

Edited to add: His template DOES work in Firefox and Opera. It just didn't work for shit in my IE... so I felt I couldn't penalize him for my shitty computer.

New Rating: 8

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill C says...

I wish you hadn't said his picture was "scary as hell." You'll only encourage him.

And I'm biased by almost two years' regular visits but I highly recommend you add him to your reading list. Between his "Simple Graphics Man" series and his red-eyed cat... well. You can't go wrong there.

3/22/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Whisky says...

"Plop" That's the noise of this one going into my favourites. I Love Love Love it.

The Real Evil In Our Midst post did make me shudder, can he get a trace on that ip address? Scarey.

But, one darned good blog.

Hugs

Whisky

xxxx

3/23/2007 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thanks Diva, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

I did at one stage have explanations about 'Tetherd' in my sidebar but it kinda got lost along the way. I will re-address it soon with a complete revamp of the look. OTOH, it does attract pedantic persons like your good self who wish to set me straight in the error of my ways. That in itself has proved amusing over the years.

The sidebar problem is infuriating. Every browser I can test - Safari, Firefox, Opera, Camino - except IE displays my site correctly. And here's the weirdest thing: some versions of IE even display it properly. Just not the most recent ones.

I have to take exception with your point that my picture doesn't fit with the rest of the page... well, maybe you're right in a graphic sense, but content-wise I have to do something to keep Satan's Little Helper at bay.

In any case, that too will be fixed in the new upgrade.

Thank you for your kind words about my beautiful wife Kate. Yes, it has been a terrible time without her and I miss her more than I can say. I started Tetherd Cow Ahead about a year after she died as a sort of therapy to take my mind off the awfulness of dealing with everyday life, and it has paid off in spades. I've made dozens of great friends, and had more laughs-per-day than ever in my life from the great interactions I've had through the blog-0-sfear.

Cheers to you all, and keep up the great work.

The Reverend.

4/14/2007 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home