content header
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
In Place of Incandescence
*******************************************************
Blog being reviewed: In Place of Incandescence

Template: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I'm bored with the template. The colors are OK, but there's no pizazz to this site. No picture of the author, no bio telling us who the author is or where he/she is from. It's a clean site, but it doesn't really tell me anything about who this person is. There's no tag line, nothing. JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU ???

Other than that, fix your template so you don't have 15 posts on your front page. It's too damn many. Five is a much better number.

Content: Ahhhhh, now I get to find out a little more about who you are! She's a SHE, she's a mom, and she lives in the Boston area. She also has a job. Zzzzzzzzzzz... Where is the "100 Things" post? Where is the "About Me" information? I need something more-- something--ANYTHING-- to keep me glued to this site for this review.

The content is actually pretty good, for the most part. She's got a great sense of humor, and has the ability to be able to laugh at herself. I thought she might have a pretty good group of regular readers judging by the amount of comments she gets on her posts.

Then I realized half of the comments are from HER. M'kay.

Clutter/Navigation: Blogroll is getting a little long, but it's not as long as your 15 posts on the home page. So until you change that, leave the blogroll as is. It's about the only thing giving the page some activity.

Would I Return? Maybe. Some of the posts are pretty good, but I don't know if its thrilling enough to keep me coming back for more.

Rating: 4

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thanks for the review :) I know that the template is boring ... it's just that all of the other WP templates are also boring. The one I have now at least had some color ...

I usually only have 10 posts per page. I noticed the other day that my review would be coming up, and panicked and changed it ... don't ask me ... there's just no good reason.

The about me, I can't help you with. I oppose them on principle ... my whole blog is about me ... shouldn't that be enough? I'm sure I have at least 100 posts if you want to know 100 things. Let's not be lazy here ...

But, I think I have almost definitely decided that I will get to work on moving to a hosted site, with a better template.

Thanks again!

3/21/2007 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home