content header
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
A Novel, As It Happens and Ultra Fine Flair
A Novel, As It Happens

First Impression - Uh, DUH... if you want us to review your blog then you pretty much have to give us access to it. Since it is open only to invited readers I pretty much can gather that she/he doesn't really care what we think of it. NEXT!

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Ultra Fine Flair

First Impression - WHITE WHITE WHITE! I was blinded by the whiteness of it all. White background with a pretty gold coloring. Huh, doesn't grab the attention does it???

Template - Ok, I think we should lose the first impression crap since it is sometimes so repetitive of the template portion of this shindig. So, again, we're back to the white, white, white. The sidebar is snoozeville, but at least there is some color in the flikr pictures she offers. Other than that it is the standard blog roll, and archives. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Content - Well I did enjoy the About Me section. She called herself a "redhead geek marathoner triathlete writer baker hearty-laughter daughter Brooklynite Canadian sister wife". That actually tells me a lot about her, but because the fine print on this blog review site insists that I actually READ the content I figure I must go on.

You can immediately see that she loves two things in her life - her music and her cat. Now, I love music as much as the next person, but aside from the occasional post on her new "snazzy" Ipod, I really don't much give a shit about what she listens to, but if her readers do, then hey... what can I say? Her cat on the other hand I am love with because I had a cat who looks exactly the same. You know, the standard orange tabby with the big paws. LOVE THEM! So, she already has a point for owning a cat that was as special as mine :)

Going back to February archives I realized that she is seemingly obsessed with telling us what day it is. Pie day, potato chip day, Pancake Tuesday... hmmmm, I definitely see a theme going. She obviously loves to eat! Cool, another point.

Other than that I find her posts full of a lot of fluff - not the kind you eat. There is just nothing to sink my teeth into. She obviously has a nice style of writing, humorous in its own right, but just blah. So....

In Summation - It doesn't have enough to keep me coming back, nor anyone else really since her lack of comments show her lack of depth. Take the time to write something the readers can really get into!!!

Rating - 3 out of 10
content header

2 Comments:

Blogger RubyLou says...

I guess the first impression is repetative... fine, i'll dump it. even though i still like it.

The first one must be an idiot.

Ultra Fine Flair... BORING template... UGH! The content I couldn't get into... oh well.

3/20/2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

LOL - don't dump it on my account, I just tend to write EXACTLY what I'm thinking at that exact time :)

3/20/2007 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home