content header
Friday, May 25, 2007
Arlon's Place





Blog Being Reviewed: Arlon's Place
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado


At First Glance: An instant desire to become hooked on uppers to make it through this one.

Template/Design: Blogger 101. The very basic blogger template with absolutely no originality. Come on Arlon give me something other than the site meter.

Content: Ok I need to back up just a bit because Arlon is a newbie having less than 30 posts, so I will give some slack on the lack of personality in the template, maybe he hasn't gotten his copy of 'HTML for Dummies' from Amazon as of yet and that's understandable. I had a serious learning curve when I moved my blog to it's new location. Almost went and sat next to my daughter in Middle School for a do over because of it. Back to the meat of the blog. I read the entire thing and to be honest it wasn't until about post five that I discovered the sex of the blogger, lol lol.


There is something endearing about the non-exciting person normality. I became intrigued, especially once I discovered it was a man. I am a fan of the male psyche. When the pictures kicked in - it got slightly more interesting, if for no other reason than there were visuals.


I'm on the fence about this one. It's kinda like watching that man who used to be on PBS painting - you know good and damn well you are bored shitless - but you're selfish and the blandness somehow balances you out.


Blogging, especially first person blogging, is ultimately suppose to be about the everyday of a person, so when reading you interject your own personality to bump up against theres and in this case there just isn't a match. That doesn't mean that others wouldn't find it interesting. I would suggest immediately starting to tell ALL the dirt about the Ex's. I'd definately be back then, lol

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? The template - there are other nondescript colors available, this basic template is just passe'

What is the best feature of this blog? The Store Brand Seinfeldesque quality. You really don't know whether to click next or stay and work on your hangnails while you read.

Rating: 6 out of 10 - Change the template, drink some coffee for the caffeine and let us see your wild side. Oh and throw your ex's under the bus!

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home