content header
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
ALRO-World
***********************************

Blog Being Reviewed: ALRO-World

Template: What is the picture in the header graphic supposed to be? It's blurry, pixelated, and I have no fucking clue what it is supposed to be. We'll leave it at that. I had to check this template in Opera as well as in IE, because in IE the sidebar drops all the way to the bottom of the screen. Looks OK in Opera, though.

Maybe you like the color scheme you got going on, but I don't. The colors are too bland, the type is too small, and you need to move your archives up closer to the top of your sidebar.

Content: Why is it that some people blog like a 5th grader who forgot to take their ADHD medicine? This blog seems to be all over the place, and I can't find a rhyme or reason as to its purpose. Many of the posts, while not mundanely boring, are a little wordy. But he can piss and moan like the rest of us with his take on Asian drivers, American Idol and its sometimes suckiness, passing out the Ottawa fucktard award... I could go on, but I won't. For the most part, the content is decent. He's from Canada, and maybe its because he uses terminology that I'm not familiar with (such as kilometers instead of miles) that I am just not attracted to this blog simply because I don't want to have to Google everything just to read a post.

He's a musician, he's got some tattoos, so does his wife-- he seems like a cool guy, and would probably be fun to hang with.

Clutter: None.

Would I Return? Maybe, maybe not-- but thats just me. I urge all of our readers to at least give him a try, and see if this blog might be something you're interested in. But I will say, I hope your wife is on the mend, and I hope you guys get to do the deed soon. Make lots of babies!! I wish you the best.

Rating: 6 -- I'm not crazy about the template, and I'm not in love with the content.

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger ALRO says...

Thanks for the impartial review... I least my blog doesn't suck! ;)

And you nailed it: My blog really isn't about much of anything .. more about rants and funny crap! In my view, sometimes blogs don't really need a purpose...

My wife is doing well now.. (at least she's walking upright .. and off pain meds... pretty good for recovering in 7 days... )

5/04/2007 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I do not I like your critiques. Your writing sounds rather crass, and your template looks like it was designed for a seventeen year-old girl trying to be twenty-five.

Also, you're not very good writers. The POV is all over the place, the f word is all over the place (do you know any other modifiers?) and your vocabulary is so limited (How can you not know what kilometers are? Don't you know about the metric system? Did you fail high school?) You like blogs that cater to readers with short attention spans, perhaps because you have short attention spans yourselves. Also, only an idiot would say "peaked my interest" instead of "piqued my interest." You have no right to critique the writing of other people.

Before being so nasty to other people, try to look at yourselves. I know you are trying to constantly improve things, as you said in a post that was obviously in reply to numerous complaints, but until that day comes when you have "improved," I'm afraid that any other "Blog Review Blog" would just bash you just as you are bashing other blogs.

-The Laitera

5/04/2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Laitera - People don't HAVE TO submit their blogs to us-- they do that by choice.

* I didn't say I don't know what kilometers are. But where I come from, the metric system is not used. I just said I wasn't familiar with it-- when someone says something is 10 MILES away, I have a point of reference for that. When someone says something is 10 KILOMETERS away, that I'm not all that familiar with. Doesn't make me stupid, just makes you PICKY. (FYI...I graduated from high school 7th in my class, fuck you very much.)

And I don't think I have ever said "Peaked my interest"... you must be confusing me with someone else.

You've been spending a lot of time here on our little meaningless crappy site, flooding us with negative comments. What does that say about YOU?

5/07/2007 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home