content header
Monday, May 14, 2007
Dolce Bellezza
BLOG BEING REVIEWED - Dolce Bellezza

TEMPLATE - Well it's back... the standard blogger template. Haven't we learned yet? Have you read this site? Specifically me... I'm going to slam the blogger template. It is boring, and lacks any kind of personality whatsoever. This one is brown with orange font - a big ole' UGH for that one! The sidebar looked promising, but alas, I kept scrolling and scrolling... and scrolling... and scrolling. It is organized well enough, so at the very least that is promising.

CONTENT - Alright, I'm taking a different road with this one today, one with no bitchiness at all. Let me state for clarity that I am not a Christian. I'm not a religious person at all, and yet a noticed a theme going in her posts relating to God and religion, and basically anything dealing with "the faith". But, I found myself reading. I read all of this months, last months, and some from last year and I found myself drawn in. Her words may not have made me laugh out loud but they seemed to make you want to know her, and to know her life. Call me crazy (and some have), but I liked this blog. Now, that doesn't mean that I am suddenly going to go all Catholic or anything (my mom would hate me right now!) but I'm going to say that once I got over the initial UGH - she's a religious freak, I found that she is committed to her faith, and that is a commitment that I can understand in some ways. Gosh, that was pretty boring and downright not catty of me!! And just to set you clear - she isn't some preachy God loving person... just that some of her posts incorporate her religion, and there is nothing wrong with that! She also speaks of her "kids" which are her students, and I'd wager to say that she must be a really great teacher.

SUMMARY - It's enjoyable reading! It may not be my personal cup of tea, but I wouldn't say that I'm so horrified by reading this that I will run screaming from a room. I think that there are a lot of people that would definitely appreciate her writing.

RATING - 6 out of 10 - I can't say it enough... search for free templates and go ahead and go crazy and change yours to suit your personality.

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home