content header
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
I Am Woman, See Me Blog!
________________________________________________________

I Am Woman, See Me Blog!

The first impression sucked. I was pissed off at the load time of the page and the template is fugly. I didn't expect to enjoy this blog at all.

Template - Fugly... Super Fugly. It's 2007 and we all use computers to communicate and can befriend people on the other side of the world. Don't use a font that reminds me of an ancient tool called a typewriter. Please. But, I'm just being a bitch about it. It's ugly but not horrid.

Content - This is where it gets interesting. She writes about her side of the world and shows beautiful photographs along with her posts. You get some great insight to life over there and I found that intriguing! I will probably never get to see this part of the world but it makes me really want to and, if I can't, at least I can get a first hand account from this blog. The rest of her writing is enjoyable and I found myself smiling through her blog. She seems genuine and sweet. Her posts aren't earthshattering but they aren't completely bland either. It's a nice mix.

In Summation - I would go back to see her... if anything just for the photographs and to read about a life I would probably love to lead. We can dream and travel thru blogs....

Rating - 6 out 10 - Would have been a bit higher with a better template.

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thanks for the honest review, RubyLou. Sorry you didn't like the template, but I really like the typewriter font. :-)

The slow load time was because of the pictures I posted of a recent trip; I usually don't include a lot of pictures in my posts. Those posts will make their way into the archives soon, and loading time will go back to normal.

Glad you liked some parts of the blog, though. Thanks again!

5/02/2007 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home