content header
Friday, June 8, 2007
Musings of a Self-Proclaimed Supermom
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed
: Musings of a Self-Proclaimed Supermom
Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka
____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: Two things struck me, right off the bat. One, I don't understand the header. There's a woman, sitting cross-legged, with a drink in her hand... and she's thinking... What? Some sort of Chinese/Japanese/Oriental symbol? What does this mean? I feel like somebody told a joke, and I didn't get to hear the punchline. The other thing is, there are TWO sidebars, and both of them are completely overloaded... there's so much stuff on there, it completely distracted me from the posts...


Template/Design:
The template itself is not so bad, except for the aforementioned Chinese/Japanese/Oriental thingy... would help maybe if I understood what it meant. Maybe it's funny as hell... who knows? I'm not sure what it has to do with "Supermom", but then, I'm not sure what it has to do with ANYTHING. I like the colors, and I like that the posts are in black and white. Much easier to read. But seriously, I HATE those sidebars. Methinks she doth toot her own horn overmuch....


Content: This is the reason I am late with my review. I read, and I reread, and I tried to find SOMETHING that I could comment positively on. But I have to tell you, this blog bored me to fucking tears. It's so much meaningless.... I don't know.... drivel, I guess is the word I would choose.

It struck me as I was reading, this woman has been linked ALOT. So somehow, at some point, she must have been writing something that people liked to read. What happened? She writes like a robot, there's absolutely no feeling in her words. Every time she gets REMOTELY close to writing something good, she NEVER follows up on it. Case in point. What happened to the friend she met on Craigslist? Never another word about it, that I ever saw.

She drives a convertible SAAB, for Christ's sake. She has two beautiful kids. Maybe two dogs, but don't quote me on that one. I never saw anything more about that either.

Rhonda? Here's some advice from me to you. Take it in the spirit that it is given, or leave it, your choice. Start writing about how things FEEL. Write about something you want, something you absolutely LONG for. Write funny conversations you have with your kids. Write about someone who made you angry enough to explode. But put some FEELING into what you're writing. Otherwise, you sound like a milquetoast, and that's not fun to read.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? My gut instinct is to say, "shut the damn thing down and start over...", but I'm not going to say that. The first thing I would change is the sidebars. Take out some of the "I'm so great, look at all the awards I've been nominated for" crap, and THEN start writing about something REAL.

What is the best feature of this blog? Personally, the best feature is the fact that she has a lot of links, so she's got something to build on, if she ever starts to write HONESTLY.

Rating: 3

Labels:

content header

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

I'm not the author of this blog but just for info... The symbol in the header is a fairly well-known bouddhist (or hindouist ?) symbol. It means meditation in sanscrit, and pronounced "aum". ;)

6/08/2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Frau Zee says...

Thanks, zhu, I appreciate the heads-up...

6/09/2007 5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I used to have her in my reader. Since she was linked so much, I thought I'd try and see what was so great about the blog.
After hearing about rice cakes, weight loss, botox, a SABB, vacation... I got really bored. I would prefer feeling as well. Write about that shit all you want. But MORE then one sentence and say SOMETHING about it! Anything!

Needless to say, she's not in my reader anymore.

6/09/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Erin says...

I feel the same way, Rhonda and I used to be "close" in the blog world - meaning I would read her first every single day. She got seperated from her husband and then back together and she clammed up. Nothing! Nothing of substance anyhow - I was sad :( Now, everytime I check, like you said it was one liners and product endorsements... I miss the old Rhonda :(
I'm kind of hoping she reads this to let her know I still check once in a while, and I still have it on my bloglines, but I want her back the way she used to be!!!

6/09/2007 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I think you guys are being a tad harsh on her...look at what she's been writing...she's obviously going through a rough spot right now. We don't always have exciting things to blog about...I'm sure you guys go through "ruts" in your blogs too...maybe you could give some more constructive criticism and how to make her blog better rather than just cutting her down.

6/10/2007 11:11 PM  
Blogger Frau Zee says...

Look here anonymous... I am not a fucking psychologist. My job was to review the sight that SHE submitted. I GAVE constructive criticism. I did NOT cut her down. I even went to her blog and left a comment with an idea for her to blog about.....

Give me a fucking break, what more am I obligated to do for her?

6/11/2007 5:37 AM  

Chatty Chicka,

I appreciate your review, honestly it was the kick in the ass that I so needed. I am grateful.

6/11/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger Frau Zee says...

Supermom, without putting it that way, that was EXACTLY what I wanted to give you. I consider myself uniquely qualified... I suffer from depression, anxiety attacks, you name it... It's a battle I fight daily, but I REFUSE to stop living my life... Much luck to you...

6/12/2007 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

worst blog I've ever read....

6/11/2009 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home