content header
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Insatiable: The Girl


Blog Being Reviewed: Insatible: The Girl
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



At First Glance: Underwelmed by the Template, but for some strange reason pulled in by the apples. I'm losing my touch.

Template/Design:Unfortunately upon farther look it was just so generic - even with the apples. I needed some of that 'crumb' stuff on top, laugh. I guess I'm just jaded and look at everything from a Vegas Eye. I need electricity and lots of it. However, there is a catch to this whole template thing....Her sidebar was cool - this is her second blog and I went over to the first and her blog has stayed consistent.

Content: TWENTY YEARS YOUNG! Having had a birthday yesterday that put me officially in the 'old school' category at 41 - I suddently felt like I was reading my daughters blog and was about to get squeemish until it dawned on me that I still believe I am in my 20's. There is a 'freshness' about the posts. I don't have a younger person in my personal blogroll - so it was actually cool to read up on the everyday life of that age bracket, that is devoid of words like: Probation, Morning After Pill, Stoned, Drunk, Hoe, etc. I almost would say Dawnson's Creek but then I'd be dating myself even more. Please belive, somewhere my daughter is screaming. She writes about the entire spectrum of her life and she has a full life. Also weaved in the mix are her 'views' about the world around her. Man I need to get my cataracts worked on and go back to a time when I had the smile she has and the positions she holds. SIGHHHH! Where are my Duran Duran Cassettes - I wanna go back dammit!


What is the first thing I would change about this blog? The Template. However, the simplicity of it kinda fits the age of the writer. Who has time for templates when there's this whole world to experience.

What is the best feature of this blog? You know what the best part of this blog is? The fact that she follows the 'realness' of a personal blog. Technically everyday life can be quite boring - it takes the realization of that to be able to write about it. You must take your personal life and arrange it so that it is in front of a plate glass window, you can then adjust the shades as you want, but your ultimate goal is to have people willing to peek in even when they are closed. I think she accomplishes this with the simple everyday life that she terms Insatiable.

Rating: 9 out of 10 - I would have given a 10, but I extracted an entire point out to freeze and then drink with krispy kreme donuts as a youth enegizer drink, lol

This has been a good week! Thanks for some good blogs!

Labels:

content header

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa says...

Hey girls,
Thanks for the review! I know my template isn't the greatest but I'm not a pro at html- and all those free template websites? I don't know... they never suit me perfectly.

What one thing is most majorly wrong with my template that should I learn enough html to alter.

Thanks!

-lisa

6/05/2007 3:47 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck says...

Yep, Dawson's Creek would have dated yourself!

6/05/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

I know I didn't do the review, but I'll open my big mouth anyways...

I think it just needs some "pizzazz"... you're a young twenty-something, and your template is a little "eh." boring, plain, it needs some va-va-va-VOOM!

I'll see if I can find a template for you...

6/05/2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa says...

thanks, diva dee! (lisafarlow [at] gmail.com)

6/06/2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa says...

I've changed the header of the template. Better or worse?

6/10/2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home