content header
Monday, June 18, 2007
L.A. Daddy




Blog Being Reviewed: L.A. Daddy
Reviewed By: Diva Dee



At First Glance: I think I love you...

Template/Design: Um, yeah. I DO. Love you, that is. The template is wonderful. Wonderful as going to bed on freshly washed sheets. Or sipping a cold beverage on a hot summer day. Crisp, clean template. Lots of color, but not too much. Straightforward design, sharp corners. Nicely done-- graphic by Color Splash Studio, and what better picture for this title!

The one bad part of the page is the "Auction Ads"... why do your readers need to see those? I'd lose them quickly. The rest of the sidebar is getting a tad bit lengthy, so either add a tab to your header for your blogroll (which is getting quite long) or link to a separate post somewhere in your sidebar. You've got a great blogroll, so give it the props it deserves, but listing that many on your sidebar is too much.

Content: We've all read mommy blogs before, and so its a nice change to read a blog from a daddy's point of view. With a nice sparkling clean template, I was hoping for some attention-grabbing posts. The writing is pretty good, it just didn't pull me in like I was hoping it would. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a few funny posts in there... like this one, this one, and this one that gave me some good laughs. But, is it enough to make me come back on a regular basis? To become a daily reader of Mr. L.A. Daddy? We'll see. I might have to take some time to read some more of his archives. Some blogs you can just jump right in and start reading with no problems, and there there are other blogs you have go back and play catch-up to be able to understand what you're reading now. This blog falls into the latter category.

What is the one thing I would change about this blog? Lose the auction ads. NOW.

What is the best feature of this blog? The template. And your adorable daughter... and another on the way? Congrats!

Rating: 7

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home