content header
Monday, June 18, 2007
Word Up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Being Reviewed: Word Up
Reviewed By: Sexy Simone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


At First Glance: Oh Right! This is the blog by the guy who does the baseball blog - Chad Gramling, I thought the name sounded familiar! What's up with the heading though??

Template/Design: I don't like the heading... It reminds me of my old catholic school, and that wasn't a good time for me :) I just think it is a little plain for Chad. Didn't you have the 3 heads or something?? I don't know, that one made me laugh, this one just me overlook it. I do think it is extremely well organized which gives me a little flutter of happiness. I do love a well organized blog! I love the sidebar with the pictures instead of links. It adds some much needed color to your blog, and you tend to overlook the fact that the template is rather bland when you see all the fun links. Oh - wait - maybe this is what you were going for in the beginning?

Content: As I was reading his about page I ran into this:
One saying a lot of people say is "a picture can say a thousand words." My response is "that's great, but good writing can paint a thousand pictures." To each his own I guess. I like pictures too.
This, not only explains the above statement about the template, but it also explains why I enjoy him so much. Although, I have not seen this blog much in passing, I love his writing. It is very descriptive, and although it may not pertain to me most of the time, because I tend to read blogs of a more light hearted nature, the writing is very detailed, descriptive, and overall excellent. He has another blog about baseball which I like very much. It is HERE and then you can sign up for his newsletter HERE.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? I don't know honestly, I think it is perfectly good the way it is!

What is the best feature of this blog? The descriptive writing, and the pictures of his little girl catching the fish - I loved it!!

Rating: 8 out of 10

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home