content header
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Bagwine Ruminations



Blog Being Reviewed: Bagwine Ruminations
Reviewed By: Diva Dee


At First Glance: A picture can tell a thousand words. Need I say more?



Template/Design: You don't see very many blogs out there encompassing all the qualities of a "great" blog. Near perfect templates and witty, thought-provoking content, with a flair that keeps readers coming back for more.

Obviously, there are no perfect blogs. There are, however, GREAT BLOGS. But "having it all" is a big hurdle to jump for nearly all bloggers. Hell, even our little home away from home here at "So Many Blogs" has things that can be improved upon. An awesome template AND fabu content are just not common in these parts.

With that being said, if you've been reading our reviews for any length of time, you already know what I'm going to say about this template, right?

I. Don't. Like. It.

You could see that coming from a mile away, eh? Yeah, me too. Black & white, simple, plain. Sometimes it works well when you want your readers to focus more on the writing, but not on this site. This author choose to flood his TWO sidebars with lots of ads, buttons, links, polls, awards, and the like. The sidebars are taking the focus off the content.

Also, why must bloggers STILL think so little of themselves that they stick those archives and their "About Me" way in the bum-fuck middle of Siberia? I did some searching to find them. Not good. He's got some great content, and he should promote it. Not be promoting the latest BowFlex or an award he's won. Pimp yourself out, man! Let your readers find the golden nuggets of wisdom you're pushing in those posts!

Content: What he lacks in his template and design, he more than makes up for in content. This blog could be written on a blank sheet of paper and still be fucking hilarious. And it isn't even Opposite Day! (So-- just curious, DID you get laid that day?)

I've been reading through some of his archives, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with him. We're talking hot sweaty love here. I could spend hours on a cold Ohio winter's night, sitting in front of the fire drinking some Wild Irish Rose with this hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love, eating loosemeat sandwiches, and listening to his random thoughts about life. Everything from what pisses him off, to sex talk to just random blabbering.

I'd link y'all to a helluva lot more good stuff of his, but you really need to just start at the beginning (if you can find his archives) and read it all.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? The ads. Oh GAWD, the ads!

What is the best feature of this blog? Me love you long time. Period. But I thought I told you not to post that pic of me in my Halloween costume, a la "dirty martini". (Those aren't pimentos, either. I'm just happy to see you.)

Rating: 8.75

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I. HEART. YOU, MATT-MAN*.
Truly, I do.

(* or is it Matt-TILDA?)

Labels:

content header

15 Comments:

Blogger Schmoop says...

Diva Dee: Yes I knew you would hate my template, but unfortunately I am very html, or is that htlm challenged? See, I dont even know. Thanks for diggin' the content however. "Blank piece of paper" good line. You are welcome here in front of the fire anytime, provided you wear your Martini outfit. Cheers, and Thanks!!

7/18/2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

P.S. Yes I did!!

7/18/2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Desert Songbird says...

Great review. Matty is a true gem, and it's nice to see someone make note of that.

7/18/2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck says...

Schmoop should be concerned

7/18/2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

Thanks Songbird.

Sparky: She is already concerened about so many things already!!

7/19/2007 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Matty, visiting Bagwine is like stepping through a lookingglass and into a world of freaky good times.I love it!

7/19/2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

You are much too kind Metalmom. Now let's get on with our pantied pillow fight!!

7/19/2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Cinnamon Girl says...

Matt is more fun than sex. Well with my ex husband. Well, both of them. And that other guy from high school....

Me love you long time too Matt!

7/19/2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Merritt Fields says...

Matt-Man is fabulous.

Glad you got laid, Matty.

7/19/2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

Wow...This so nice of all of you. Thanks Starr and Aisby. I really do appreciate it. Cheers!!

7/19/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger Odat says...

Matt is da man!!!
Peace

7/19/2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

Ha...That was kind of you Odat. Touch my Monkey. Cheers!!

7/19/2007 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Can I touch your monkey?
Whatever the hell that means?

7/19/2007 5:10 PM  

He is one of the funniest reads around...

7/20/2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

Wow...Thanks Bond!!

7/20/2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home