content header
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Sensibilities


Blog Being Reviewed: Sensibilities
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



At First Glance: NOOO NOT THE DO DO BROWN AGAIN!

Template/Design: The Sidebar has now taken the new record for longest in history. I still am smelling the stench of the basic brown blogger template. I will just spray some febreze and get to the content.

Content: Please close your eyes and come with me...we are in Tennessee in the early 1800's - our Husband has been out with the boys reliving childhood games and has discovered a cave. He's decided that he wants to spend your life savings to dig to some secret cave he knows exists - he finds this cave and due to his undying love for you - he makes you, petticoats and all crawl on your belly to show you the cave and the subsequent Falls that lay within the earth. He is so in love with you that he names them RUBY FALLS. You are so in love with this adoration that you come down often to write and read in this dark dank cave. Welcome to Sensibilities people! This is a writer in the true sense of the word - but she is very very early 1800's in her style to me. She's been writing awhile too folks! I went back to her first post and was shocked to see that she is also a psychic:

I was diagnosed to be suffering from second-degree malnourishment due to borderline anorexia, not because I believed I was too fat, but because I did not feel hunger anymore. It got so that I had difficulty concentrating on anything, especially my writing.

I too no longer feel anything after reading. As much information as is compiled here, I feel malnourished for some reason.

Let me say this though - This is the most well written literary style blog I've ever read. She knows she's boring as hell and she puts the right pictures (renaissance)and adds some color so you just don't...48w9g8whao (sorry my head hit the keyboard).

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Here's the hard part. This blog appeals to alot of people. She is an excellent steward of words and that is a feat with this bastard language. She's also a published writer several times over - so messing with her content would not be wise, however, shortening the sidebar even more and maybe finding some great picaso template as a back drop would add some flair for the eyes.

What is the best feature of this blog? That there is confirmation in the visual era that BOOKS are still relevant and that there are lovers of the written word.

Rating: 5 out of 10. I know this is a bi-polar post at best, but you have to really be into this entire life that is books and writing to get into this blog.

Labels:

content header

4 Comments:

Blogger Diva Dee says...

How many posts can one girl fit on her page? Holy COW!

Good writing, BUT not my cup o'tea.

7/12/2007 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Yep, waayy too much scrolling...

7/12/2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll says...

I didn't know I was psychic. :)

Thanks so much! That was a fun review.

7/14/2007 6:58 AM  
Blogger Maryanne Moll says...

Hey, Lexis. Now I appreciate your review even more.
Haha! :)

Cheers!

7/30/2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home