content header
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Tales of a Transported Bostonian


Blog Being Reviewed: Tales of a Transported Bostonian
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



At First Glance: Lindsey Lohan meets Barbie maybe?

Template/Design: The color is just a bit too IZOD pink for my taste. The sidebar is cool, yet for some strange reason, it feels as if the words are getting cut off. I am also not keen on the font.

Content: LONGGGG WINDED! Good Lawd, must every story go into every single detail. I'm sorry, but this reminds me of this girl at my job who rambles on and on and I start to draw little puffs of air in my mind on top of her head and to make it futher interesting I give her the voice of like Alicia Silverstone in "Clueless" to give it some texture. She has a full and active life and has love therefore she has alot of stories. She also seems to have a gaggle of readers who have ALOT of time on their hand to read all of this. Sometimes details can add, but for me, the entries are just soo long. Like alot of things, I saw some things I can relate to. One thing stuck out we both have a thing for Coach Bags, but overall in my real life I would walk past this table in the lunch room and snicker at the OMG's and I probably would do this with this blog.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? The color scheme. It's pepto pink and aggravating.

What is the best feature of this blog? That though it's not my cup of tea - she has connected with an audience who apparently LOVES HER! They love her life, they love her Prince and as a person who is loved on their own blog, who gives a shit what the review says - there's a tanning salon full of gals who are digging her.

Rating: 5 out of 10 - because of the apparent niche you have created, I can't hate like that. You apparently live your life by the milli-second, have a memory like an elephant and have people who sit and live every second with you.

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Hadley says...

I check Shar's blog most days and it takes about a minute and a half for me to read most entries. I don't find them long winded, but then again I am a scientist (who has never said or written "OMG" and would not be caught dead in a tanning salon) and I have the patience for detail and depth.

You seem to accuse her of being shallow with your comparisons to LiLo, Barbie and the main character in Clueless. I think your review makes you seem hopelessly shallow--I doubt you have the attention span to even read much of the blog you are reviewing.

I'm not a girly girl, and while I am not crazy about pink and Coach handbags, etc. etc., to each her own and our differences make life more interesting. I don't get hung up on the small stuff as I enjoy reading about the adventures of a smart woman in her 30s and the frogs she had to kiss on the way to finding love. She has a unique voice and the way she tells her stories is very entertaining in my opinion!

7/23/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger ~Penny~ says...

I think you are a loser and a bitch and just jealous of her writing skills.

Sorry Lexis but your review sounds like a catty teenager who found herself outside the popular crew.

Get a life.

7/23/2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Lexis Eldorado says...

YAWN - Stans coming out in support. I think I said that she has a niche and fans and so good for her. Ohh I said she has a full and active life and I even said we had coach bags in common so to paraphrase one of the characters I used BITE ME!! Lives 10% off at walmart. You all want everyone to get a 9 or a 10 GEESH!

7/26/2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home