content header
Monday, July 9, 2007
The Big Leather Couch



Blog Being Reviewed: The Big Leather Couch
Reviewed By: Diva Dee


At First Glance: Holy hell, I soooo need me some 3-D glasses for this.

Template/Design: Um, where do I start? Oh, wait. I know.

I. HATE. IT. The colors, the layout, the excessive fuckton of advertising. The requests for donations, the blog awards. WTF? Blog awardSeriously? Someone actually nominated this blog on the Blogger's Choice Awards in the categories of "BEST BLOG OF ALL TIME" and "BEST HUMOR BLOG." Who's fucking kidding who here? Didja nominate ya'self? I can think of a handful of blogs that could be considered winners in both of those categories, and your blog-- hell, even MY blog -- fall far short of qualifying for that award. But, you got nominated. I'd give you a big 'Woot!' but I hate when people use that word.

People, people, people... have I have not taught you ANYTHING? Again, another blogger that chooses to put his archives and recent posts at the VERY BOTTOM OF THE SIDEBAR... The RIGHT HAND SIDEBAR, no less. (Yes, we got a 3-column junkie here!) I could go on and on about this template, but I still have another review to do this morning-- so I'll end it with this:

Content: I went back to the very beginning of his site, hoping to find the few posts that will be this man's saving grace. I didn't find it. What I DID find, however, was in his very first post, he is already asking people to donate to the site if they "like what they see." Hmmm... one post?

Let's get this review over with... I will sum up the content in bullet points:

  • American Idol
  • Barry Bonds
  • American Idol
  • Baseball
  • American Idol
  • If you like what you see, click on my sponsor so I can make some dough
  • American Idol
  • American Idol AND Baseball... in one post. Creative!
  • ...you get the idea.

The funny thing, his blog doesn't even come close to his description of what it is supposed to be about:

Life is a journey. Sometimes it is filled with wonderment and joy,
at other times heartache and sorrow.
I have always tried to see the lighter side, though I have not
always been successful.
This space is where I will share my insights on:
The World...
My Friends...
Interesting Stories and Places...
The Sublime and the Surreal...
Take A Seat And Please Join In with your Suggestions and make room for others!


Let's see more of that stuff, and less American Idol.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Clean up the sidebars, and make your writing the focus of the site, no all the shit off to the sides.

What is the best feature of this blog? His fictional writings. Go check him out. But you gotta scroll all the way down his right sidebar to find them... go ahead. I'll wait.

Rating: 2

Labels:

content header

2 Comments:

Blogger Sparky Duck says...

Oh, I gotta say you misjudegd a little bit here. I think the sidebar can get a bit befuddled, but some of his stuff at least in the last 6 months that I have been reading has been splendid

7/09/2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Schmoop says...

I was going to comment on Mr. Bond and His Couch, but instead I want to point out that I am posting using my name ,and I have no balls, so you are wrong.

7/10/2007 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home