content header
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Any Apples
____________________________________________________________________________

Blog Being Reviewed
: Any Apples
Reviewed By: Chatty Chicka


____________________________________________________________________________


At First Glance: Yuck. That's all I can say. Are the colors (green and red, and not in a good way) supposed to remind me of apples? They don't. Not even a tiny little bit.


Template/Design: I read on here somewhere that she's getting a new template. So she probably knows how crappy this one is. Since THIS template is all I have to go by, let me say this: GOOD GOD, WOMAN, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? One good thing. Kind of a "Thank God/Oh CRAP thing". There are ads galore on the sidebar, but at least she tucks them in at the bottom. So I can try to ignore them.

Content: Honestly, I don't know what kind of blog this is. She does pay-per-post, which I have to tell you, I abhor. There's like... a theme, or something, for nearly every day. Thursday Thirteen, Thursday Thirteen ANSWERS, Wordless Wednesday... Also, she has this "Apple a Day" thing. Basically, she lists a different type of apple each day, and tells a bit about each. I don't like it, I'm sorry. I don't give that much of a rat's ass about apples. But maybe some people do.

Sprinkled in amongst all the rest of the superfluous, meaningless, "I'm a follower, not a leader, so I'll post what EVERYONE ELSE posts" are some very good posts. Like this one. And this one made me laugh. I've been there, Frigga.


What is the first thing I would change about this blog?: Well, I'd scrap that awful template, but she's doing that so... Yay! So the NEXT first thing I would change about this blog is that I would stop with the apple crap and the MeMe crap and the Thursday Thirteens, and the Wordless Wednesdays, and start WRITING! But that's my own opinion, and maybe some of you LOVE the Wordless Wednesdays and Thursday Thirteens. I don't know, I surely hate them. And the NEXT first thing I would change is all those pay per posts, or at least, put them somewhere else.


What is the best feature of this blog?: Those infrequent views into the mind of Frigga. She's a sweetie, and she should write MUCH more about herself, and her life, and the people in her life, and less about apples.


Rating: 4


content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca says...

Chatty Chicka - Thank you thank you! I'm happy to finally have an honest opinion. And I know I have some work to do. :)

6/28/2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck says...

Not a bad review really, because sometimes I too wish I would get more frigga

6/28/2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger Rebecca says...

Oh, and I'd like to put your link on my blog, hope you don't mind! :-)

7/07/2007 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home