content header
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Papersurfer


Blog Being Reviewed: PaperSurfer

Reviewed by: Naughty Nina




At First Glance: What a beautiful banner! It’s pretty actually - but not in an overly feminine way because it’s a man’s blog. Good start so far surfer dude, love the first impression.


Template/Design: Neat & tidy and not overly crowded or screaming with stupid advertisements so I’m totally down with it. It’s simple and everything is pretty easy to find. I like the “Topics” section where you can pick a subject he’s got there and it’ll take you to his posts that relate to it. I also love the muliple pages - the "help" page (has lots of tidbits of information on internet stuff) and the "about me" page has a good introduction to the author.


Content: Honestly, it’s just “meh” for me. I guess if I were a friend or relative of the authors (or a stalker) I would enjoy it because more often than not the posts are just daily updates of what he’s up to… work, surfing, not surfing, the weather - just blah blah blah stuff. If you’re a sufer like he is though, he has lots of surfing tip posts so those would be interesting to people who are into that.


He's also got potential to be a great writer, I just don't think he has the time... you can feel his love for surfing in the way he describes it here. He does have a sense of humor too but it doesn't come out that much - I did get a few giggles here and there though and with the little snippets of conversations he has with someone named “AD”.


What is the one thing I would change about this blog? Nothing I guess. He has a lot of readers so he’s obviously doing something right, maybe just not for me. I guess maybe having more interesting posts on a regular basis would do it for me.

What is the best feature of this blog? The pretty banner and how neat and tidy and in-it’s-place everything is.

Rating: 4

**********************************************************************************
content header

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Nina

As the boy's father I feel I have to say something.
"Hmmmm"
Gosh, that's better.
Even though Penfold is nearly 40, he still needs his Dad's help every now and again.
I hope you don't mind me being so brutally honest.
DP

7/19/2007 1:02 AM  
Blogger penfold says...

Dad - as usual you have been an inspiration to me, a rock I can cling to in the vast storm of existence, a pillar holding the temple of my life aloft. Did I mention arse....?
Nina - your query to 'knocking one out' has been duly noted and answered in the comments of 'er...'.
Thankyou for your loverly review. It was very interesting and regular.

7/19/2007 1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Don't worry son - they're only girls

7/19/2007 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I wish I had a great dad like that. But as usual, I got what I got...

7/19/2007 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home