content header
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Diary Of A Midlife Crisis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Blog Being Reviewed: Diary of a Midlife Crisis
Reviewed By: Sexy Simone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At First Glance: Oh FOR GOD'S SAKE - DON'T YOU PEOPLE LEARN THAT THERE ARE FREE FUCKING TEMPLATES TO USE?? YOU DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE STANDARD CRAP THAT BLOGGER GIVES YOU!

Template/Design: Yeah, I think that about said it... but now that I've vented I feel a *bit* better - so let's continue, shall we? Stupid fucking dots on a stupid white page. Now THAT sums it up. The only color she has is from a red ad on her sidebar. WTF are you people doing to me?? Now, normally I'm not adverse to a good truck driver kind of language tongue lashing, but not on this blog. I like to have a virgin mouth when it comes to spouting off, but I can't contain myself anymore. Don't submit your damn site that you KNOW will have a section about templates, if you have a blogger template. They suck, it sucks, and it shows that you are not really concerned what people think about your site. IF you are a newbie to blogging then it is perfectly understandable that you may not know. HENCE why we have a link actually taking you to places to get a free template that is not standard, and not really fugly looking.

Content: (Sexy Simone is now on her knees praying to all of the blogging Gods that haven't already condemned her to hell for swearing that the content is better than the template)...

Whew, thank you oh blogger Gods for answering my prayers! This woman is as fresh and open as a newly plucked rose. Alright, that may be a little too girly sounding, but you get my drift. The emotions! The openness! The self-exploration! Now this is my kind of blog happiness. See, I'm a rare person that doesn't want to see tons of meme's and crap like "Wordless Wednesday". I want words - lots of them! This woman has words... wait, allow me to read more... oh man, I love it! Just her profile alone says "Come to me! Be my friend! LOVE ME!!"

I am firmly entrenched in my mid-life - no longer a crisis but still an on-going exploration of what it's like to be 44, single after 16 years of marriage, and finding my creative life with maybe a personal life to go along with that.

WARNING: Contains adult language, adult themes, openly sentimental feelings, and a way too honest depiction of my life. If you know me, if you're a friend, lover (eventually is the goal), colleague, companion, you'll show up in here eventually.


See, now why can't some of you bloggers follow this wonderful woman's lead and write more about yourselves? Your innermost thoughts and feelings. I love it! And the fact that she put together a film in 48 hours shows me how creative she is. Eh, I don't love the fact that she is a Keith Urban fan, but I'll live.

She has been blogging for almost 2 years and I can't wait to go back and read some more of the archives!

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Well it certainly isn't the writing... take a guess, I dare ya!

What is the best feature of this blog? The seemingly easy flow of the words, as if they were written by her brain itself.

Rating: 7 - Damn you for not having a better template, I'd give you a better rating :)

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Twyla says...

I love her blog. It's one of the first ones I started reading and that I continue going back to. Her writing is so open and honest. She is a beautiful writer. Her words flow so easily and she pulls you in...you actually feel what she is feeling.
I wonder if you realize that she's also the author of Wraith of Love. In one review she is called wonderful and in the next, pompus. She is definitely NOT the latter. She is truly a great lady. :-)

7/11/2007 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

OH SNAP!

I did NOT know that she is the same lady - I would NEVER have guessed that in a million years. Damn, let me go hide my head in shame :(

7/11/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Frau Zee says...

Poor Simone! In your defense, I have to say, it's possible to love the one blog, and hate the other...

7/12/2007 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home