content header
Friday, August 10, 2007
Don't Procrastinate


Blog Being Reviewed: Create - Don’t Procrastinate
Reviewed By: Naughty Nina



At First Glance: Looks like someone likes herself some Martha Stewart.

Template/Design: I actually don’t mind this template – that’s new and refreshing huh?

Don’t get all excited, it’s nothing special really - but the author does have a crafty looking custom header that reflects her love for scrap-booking. It’s a very neat and tidy two column template with lots of room on the one side for posts and the other junk is neatly arranged (of course it’s in the wrong order though) on the other. Archives should go at the top so people can go poking around in your past.

Content: There’s just no easy way to tell you this nice Australian lady, but your blog is kind of boring. And I can’t even find a creative way to write that… kind of like you not finding a creative way to tell us what you do every day, why you blog or why you scrap book.

I know nothing about scrap-booking (case in point - I got one out of fifteen right on her Scrap IQ Quiz) but the posts she writes on the subject don’t make it sound remotely interesting so I doubt I ever will.

But that’s not what her entire blog is about… her other posts are boring too. They’re basically just her day to day stuff and more often than not she grasps for things to write about – and I could care less what the weather is like, how many things she has on her to-do list or what she did at work today. Either her life is boring as hell or she’s not tapping into her left brain to find a creative way to write about it.

I say why bother then… she says – and I quote: “I love words, I love communicating ideas. I think this is why I like blogging so much. While it frustrates me when people ignore or don’t understand my message, putting it all into a blog helps because at least I have got it all out”.

Lady, that is a perfect reason to keep a diary and that’s what this blog is… it’s a diary of your life - for yourself. I can’t see how it’s interesting to anybody else though or why you wanted it reviewed – sorry.

What is the one thing I would change about this blog? Nothing I guess, if the author just wants to write a diary and random boring scrap-booky posts. If she wants an awesome blog that people will flock to and love she’s going to have to get a life… or find the interesting and creative things in the one she’s already living and write about them.

What is the best feature of this blog?: It’s not overly cluttered and full of crap. Just full of meh. I do like the way the author posts and frames all her pictures though if that's any consolation... and if I thought for a second after giving her this crappy review that she'd tell me how to do it - I'd ask her.

Rating: 4.5 - she has potential to be a good writer, she just has to dig a bit deeper to find it.
*******************************************************************************

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home