content header
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Your Daily Starches



Blog Being Reviewed: Your Daily Starches
Reviewed By: Diva Dee




At First Glance: Holy hell, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the template!

Template/Design: Well, of course we love the template! It was designed by Tempation Designs, the same gal that did OURS! I likey. (If you're going to pay for a custom template, check out Tempation Designs. She's got quite a portfolio started up.) I would consider changing your font color to BLACK though. The orange on orangey-peach is a little hard to read.

No "About Me" or mission statement of any sort for this blog, but her Blogger profile sure makes her sound like a cool chick to hang with! She does write about her reasons for starting this blog here. The sidebar is neat and organized, thanks to her blog designer.

However, when you get to the "My Stuff" section, it starts to get a little cluttered. Links to pictures of her cats, a clock in case I forget what time it is, weather pixie, yahoo avatar, and it just keeps going. When she gets tired of putting stuff in her sidebar, she shoves a little more down at the bottom of the page. It's not horrible, but she's also added a little blurb of her own before each item. I'd get rid of that, because the font color you are using is NOT working for me. It's perfectly OK to not give a description for each of those graphics in your sidebar, because quite honestly the only people that will ever use them and/or pay any attention to them will be the blogger herself-- and ME. It's just part of my job, people.

Content: "Holy Facts of Life", I like her. I would like nothing more than to hang out with this gal for the afternoon. She just seems like fun. Although she's only been blogging since January, she's made a niche for herself in the blogging world. I MUST READ MORE! And so should you. Like this post. And I so agree with you on this post here.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Maybe clean up your sidebar a bit, but we've seen much worse.

What is the best feature of this blog? She's funny. If you're looking for a light-hearted read, this would be a good choice.

Rating: 9

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Blogger Starchy says...

I'm trying to get everyone to come here and post a lot of hateful comments about how I got a mere 9 and should have gotten a 43 so you'll feel better about the good reviews getting lots of controversy, too! ha!

Seriously, though, thank you so much for reviewing my blog and thank you even more for such a high rating. Whew! I really appreciate it! I wanna hang out with you, too! Am I a total dork for being so excited about my review?

And I know, I know, I see Widget Anonymous meetings in my future.

8/09/2007 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home