content header
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Philly Transplant



Blog Being Reviewed: Philly Transplant
Reviewed By: Diva Dee



At First Glance: I am totally raising my hand today because I'm ecstatically glad for A/C, and I think the whole Barry Bonds issue is overrated. He's an ass, and he's a cheater. That's all I will say about the subject. Except "GO A-ROD!"

Oh yeah, and my husband has a crush on Jessica Alba so he was happy to see me reviewing this blog today.

Template/Design: Again, a blogger template. Spark Duck, my dahlink, you have such flair and personality in your posts, yet you make do with a standard Blogger template. As far as this one goes, the sidebar seems too wide for my liking. Because its so wide, your links, blogroll, etc don't line up very well.

When your blogroll gets up to about 20 bloggers, it's time to make some changes. It takes up a lot of room in your sidebar, and the font makes it appear even longer. The same goes for your categories, or as the new Blogger likes to call them, LABELS. One place you can go to for help on how to do this is HERE.

Other than that, your blog is neat and tidy, and I am in OCD heaven.

Content: I love you, Sparky Duck. I seriously love you. I think we might even be soul mates. I have never met another blogger that shares so many of the same opinions I do on so many different subjects. Needless to say, you have most definitely found your way onto my blogroll.

For starters, I just bought this movie LAST NIGHT. My answer to this inquiry is YES, YES, YES, YES... If only I would have found your blog sooner, I would have known about this, too. Not only that, but I used to be addicted to this soap opera for YEARS.

Sparky Duck, I like your writing style. You don't ramble, you get to your point. As a reader, I still feel like I know exactly what you're trying to say. Does that make sense? You stand firm in your beliefs in everything from politics to what soap opera you watch, and you're just darn interesting to read.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Probably spice up the header of your blog. The white background is fine, but give the header a makeover.

What is the best feature of this blog? The writing. I have thoroughly enjoyed digging through your archives, and will continue to do so when I have the time.

Rating: 9... just do some renovation to the template. Other than that, it's all good.

Labels:

content header

7 Comments:

Blogger Sparky Duck says...

Thanks so much for the review! I have been debating on doing some changes to my blog roll and also the template,which I know sucks, but wanted to wait for the review to be done before I blew up the thing and made it worse.

You've made my day, thanks again.

8/08/2007 3:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca says...

WhooHooo!! While I don't always agree with him, I definitely agree with giving him a 9!!

8/08/2007 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Great review of Sparky. He's one of my daily reads!

8/08/2007 11:30 PM  

BIG fan of Sparky....excellent review...

8/09/2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Twyla says...

Another Sparky fan here. Great review. :-)

8/09/2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Erin says...

I always knew he was top notch :)

8/09/2007 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Sparky sparkles indeed. You done him good!

8/09/2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home