content header
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
CokSki Blue




Blog Being Reviewed: CokSki Blue
Reviewed By: Diva Dee




Edited 8/8/07: Since it was very clear in the comments section that I should have given this Vlog a "proper" review. Here goes:

At First Glance: Why am I being subjected to this shit? We got a little behind on our reviews, and so I was trying to catch up. I didn't want y'all stuck on our waiting list forever, because we can't pull our heads out of our asses! Now I know why we got behind... my poor cohorts just didn't want to review sites like this one.

I can sum up this blog in two words: YouTube videos.

Template/Design: TOO. FUCKING. BUSY. For now, I won't even worry about the videos, I'll just talk about the template.

We have a chat box, lists, more lists, quotes from readers, and God only knows what else you've got stashed in there. Not one, but TWO blogrolls. One is your "Daily Reads" and I guess the other is just people you feel like linking to? Why does all of this stuff have to be on your home page? I often wonder that about a lot of widgets and gadgets, and other mother-fudgets we see on blogs lately. Why your main page? Put them somewhere else. If we want to click through to read all of it, we can. Show your readers viewers some respect.

Your background is too dark for the black and white font colors you have chosen. Your font is too small, and its overpowered by a large-ass bottle of Coca-Cola shooting wacky crazy things out of it.
Oh wait... I guess there is his first post video. I'm sorry I can't link you to any specific post in his site, because he has neglected to instal any permalinks for me to do so. As far as the video goes, if the music wasn't so loud in the background, you might be able to better understand what he's trying to say. He proceeds to show clips of his cell phone, his video camera, a Coke machine... he indicates he will include jokes, "maybe some pickup lines"... oh JOY. I pretty much quit listening after that.

If you want to have a blog that reaches across the world, and is user-friendly no matter what our nationalty or background, you might want to WRITE IT OUT. Your English is not the easiest to understand, especially on a video camera microphone which is then downloaded into a site such as Blogger. It's not that clear, and quite frankly, isn't going to make many readers (or viewers) stick around.

Oh, and by the way, your Archive-- or *ahem* VIDEO LIBRARY needs to be put somewhere closer to the top of your sidebar. NOT stuck in the middle of chatboxes and Shitter Twitter.

Content: Ah, the video blog... or VLOG. I don't like them, because very few people possess the screen presence, camera capabilities, and the editing experience to be able to pull off a blog like this. Some of the videos I did watch looked like they were captured by Michael J. Fox or my 90-year old grandmother. Shaky camera action, baby. I tried closing my eyes and just listening to the videos, but the sound wasn't all that great, either. Again, I can't link you to any specific posts, because *sigh* no permalinks. Maybe I didn't look hard enough in the vast sea of blue.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Um, probably go back in my time machine, scream how much I dislike VLOGS, and tell him not to submit it.

What is the best feature of this blog? That he left the Blogger bar at the top of his template, and its easy for me to click "Next Blog."

Rating: 0 for the number of times I'll be returning.
I didn't find one thing about this blog remotely appealing, but I'll give it a 1 because even this Diva Bitch does have a heart.

Labels:

content header

20 Comments:

Blogger CokskiBlue says...

Well, thanks for at least looking at it. Maybe you should lay the ground rules and inform everyone in your 'about' page, once and for all, that you don't review video blogs or some other 'niche' blogs for that matter. Because, well, they are different kinds of blogs out there. And in case your wondering (and I know you're not. hehe), those videos have original content and it's not just me rambling.

Oh well, thanks anyway ladies. :)

8/07/2007 3:17 PM  

it's a vlog, for blogging's sake! you ladies should just quit. you don't know what you're doing.

8/07/2007 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

You could have at least rated it according to your criteria, if not NOT reviewed it at all. You did mention you don't proclaim yourselves to be blogging experts, but video blogs (vlogs) aren't something new. I agree with CokskiBlue that you should have laid down rules regarding niche blogs just to save yourselves the trouble of appearing like fools who just pretend to know what they're talking about.

8/07/2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger p says...

Because we're in the 21st century, the non-elitist-world-where everyone's-civilized now has a term for Coy's chosen medium of expression - video blogs! You should try getting out of your narrowminded boxes sometime... it makes you sound like shallow, flamboyant bitches.

8/07/2007 8:02 PM  
Blogger gibbs cadiz says...

hey, word from the village: they want you idiots back.

8/07/2007 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I don't even consider this one as a review.

No matter how you dislike what you are reviewing, you could have at least checked it out and laid out the reasons for your score.

Prejudice should never be a part of making reviews.

8/08/2007 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

o·pin·ion [Oh-pin-yuhn]
–noun

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Hmmm... people ask for our opinions and then get all bent out of shape when we give them...go figure.

8/08/2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger CokskiBlue says...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/08/2007 1:57 AM  
Blogger CokskiBlue says...

No, I was actually asking for a review, not just mere opinion.

There are comments and suggestions mentioned here that you should look into. Points raised here are not really that hard to understand. We're just saying inform your readers what sites should be submitted. If you can't handle stuff like video, photo, music, or other niche blogs, then put it out there.

Opinion's not really the problem.

8/08/2007 2:07 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Well, since you got all your friends together and ganged up on me, I reviewed your site based on our criteria. No matter what side you butter the bread on, I still don't like your blog. It's my OPINION, and thats how THIS site works.

Your choice was to submit a site in MAY that you JUST STARTED in April-- so basically, you were in essence looking for the Almighty TRAFFIC. You got the traffic no matter how the review reads, my dear.

8/08/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Mark Xander says...

@Diva Dee: Traffic? He's one of the most famous bloggers outside the US. He has more hits than you.

AND oh,

"No matter what side you butter the bread on, I still don't like your blog." - This comment really shows badly of Americans. It is very uncalled for.

People ask you nicely for reviews and this is what you give them.

8/08/2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Mark Xander - have you ever read ONE review from our site besides this one?

Probably not.

Where do we indicate we're going to be nothing but nice?

We clearly state when a blogger SUBMITS THEIR SITE TO US OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL the following:

By submitting your site to us (not someone else's), you are agreeing that your review might not be a good one. Getting mad, stomping your feet, pouting, or sending us bitchy emails isn't going to change the review. We can also refuse to review your site for any reason, or remove the review from our site at any time. We do not review sites that have not been submitted to us by the author.

Is this clear enough for you? This is an entertainment blog, my friend. He wanted MY OPINION, and I gave it to him. If he blindly submitted his site to us not knowing how we review sites, than that is NOT my problem.

Like I've said before, people are so much more vocal when they get a shitty review. Funny how EVERYONE thinks they deserve a good rating.

8/08/2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Mark Xander says...

Oh, I have read countless reviews on this site. Chatty Chicka certainly does a good job at giving impartial reviews. I mean, a not-so high rating is fine as along as it's well deserved.

"Funny how EVERYONE thinks they deserve a good rating." - You know, I don't think he was after a perfect rating. I mean, it's funnier how people even had to explain what a Vlog is.

If it's your "OPINION" you keep stressing, then the url should be changed to opinemyblog.blogspot.com.

A review is not just a regular "opinion", my friend. Otherwise, we would all become film critics.

8/08/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Mark Xander, you obviously need to find something better to do with your time. We reviewed the VLOG (yes, we know very well what a VLOG is), and thats it. People pissing and moaning about the shitty review he got aren't going to change the fact that I don't like this blog.

If he is such a highly regarded blogger or VLOGGER as you indicate, with more traffic than we have (which isn't true according to his stat counter) why is he submitting his site to be reviewed by US? If we aren't worth a shit, then why submit a site to us? If his blog is as great as you say it is, why the need for a review?

And just an FYI... every time YOU pop on in here, you're adding one more tally to OUR stat counter, too. So thanks for that.

8/08/2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

If anyone is interested in getting a second (or third) opinion on your site, please feel free to visit one of these other blog review sites:

I Talk Too Much
Ask & Ye Shall Receive

I'm sure they'd be MORE than happy to take a crack at it.

8/08/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger p says...

well, that's much better, nice to know you have a heart. as far the review is concerned, just one question: how did you know the bottle was a coca-cola?

8/08/2007 8:15 PM  
Blogger lateralus says...

Coy was wrong in trying to get reviewed by this substandard website. Everybody is entitled to have an opinion - but everybody is also entitled to rebut that opinion and digress from that. If you're going to dish out an opinion, be prepared to be criticized for it. The criticism is not for having an opinion but for not backing it up in logical manner.

With this fiasco, it has become clear that the people running this site are mere pretentious poseurs who have no idea what they're talking about.

And yes, that's also an opinion. The right to an opinion doesn't exclusively apply to you.

8/09/2007 12:07 AM  
Blogger Mark Xander says...

Where do I even begin? :)

"If we aren't worth a shit, then why submit a site to us?" - I never said you aren't worth anything. And slowly on the language, I'm not starting a fight here. You do have readers around the world and in countries outside the US, ladies don't say "shit."

READ: Ladies. But you're from that side of the world so that explains.

"If his blog is as great as you say it is, why the need for a review?" - Because of the "fun" premise, dear. Obviously, he now knows there's nothing fun about submitting here.

"And just an FYI... every time YOU pop on in here, you're adding one more tally to OUR stat counter, too. So thanks for that." - Do keep your calm, dear. It's not good for your heart. ;)You can get hit after hit but that's not going to make you any richer.

"Mark Xander, you obviously need to find something better to do with your time." - Just so you know, I am an animal rights crusader, a former newspaper editor, a publisher, and a passionate vegan all at the same time. I am an advocate for PETA and have been recently offered by United Colors of Benetton to model for them. Feel free to do a Google check.

Just because not everyone agrees with your reviews doesn't give you the right to tell them to "find something better to do with their time" because chances are, they're probably not the bums you think they are.

And oh, did I tell you I'm actually a King ?

8/09/2007 2:09 AM  
Blogger Naughty Nina says...

Diva Dee... I could be wrong but I could have sworn we had a review on the list for "The Vegan Prince" (aka the fabulous MarkXander). Or did we already do it and maybe that's why he's so bitter?

Either way, if it is coming up - I don't want it...there's only room for one omnipotent fuck around here and that's me! He's got his own forum to brag about himself on(and share his love for hamsters & gerbils).

8/09/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Naughty Nina - You are absolutely right.

His review will be coming shortly. I'm saving him all for myself.

8/09/2007 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home