content header
Monday, August 20, 2007
Hush and Listen - PT 2


Blog Being Reviewed: Hush and Listen
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



Note: I have never been afraid of a penis and don't intend to start now. I have decided to break rank and review this person's blog.

Disclaimer: If you are inclined to have issues with homosexuality, the expression of such or is someone who can put it aside just enough to gather ammunition to come back and decide you have issues - then don't go to the site! Just read the review and keep it movin!

At First Glance: Hmmmm - stark imagery, typewriter font, intrigued.

Template/Design: I too, am not a fan of the three column template because it can become overwelming and your eyes don't know where to go first. Though it seems based on the volume of readers and the popularity of the site in general that it needs this much room to totally encompass what the blog is about. I think though with a name like Hush. Listen - You're screaming at the reader with all this clutter. We can't relax - so all that stuff at the bottom of each sidebar and the tags and the who's online and all that stuff can be cut - minimalize the movement of the eye and we can Listen.

Content: As I've said before, to review is to step outside of what you might personally believe. Let me start out by saying that yes I was a bit disturbed by the first erotic story, however, some eroticism is dark, sometimes it's about going places that make you uncomfortable. I had to keep reading and looking, and exploring to see if that post was the blog or if this blog just had a post. This is a beautiful blog. The poetry is so full of yearning, it begs you to reach out and touch the screen. I kept feeling like I was being privvy to a level of pride and pain and confusion and joy that I had no business being privvy to. I've never felt like that reading a blog. The pictures only add a visual, sometimes a flash of color to shock you and sometimes they blend into the words delicately, making you look, making you face....them. I was impressed.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog?I would revamp the clutterness of the page itself.

What is the best feature of this blog? The poetry. It is absolutely haunting.

Rating: 8

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger khalel says...

Thanks for the review.. it was a lovely note! Cheers! I will try to do your advice... Cheers!

8/20/2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Naughty Nina says...

Hi ya Lexis! I'm glad you went back and did the review. I actually went lookin' at it when you posted the "forget it" post... I was curious. And while I too was creeped out by the first post and by the theme in general, I gave a few of the poetic posts a read and loved them as well. I also really liked a few of the picstures, they were actually beautiful in the same way some hetero erotic pics are. Good job girl!

8/21/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger khalel says...

naughty nina.... ei girl, thanks for liking my poetry...! cheers!

8/22/2007 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home