content header
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
This Crazy Thing Called Life



Blog Being Reviewed: This Crazy Thing Called Life
Reviewed By: Diva Dee




At First Glance:I don't hate the template, so you're off to a good start.

Template/Design: YAY for you! You found a free template that isn't fugly, and you made it your own. They've got some great templates on there, and they are EASY to install. I do think that the color scheme is a tad bit depressing for the mood you're trying to convey in your writing. One thing I would change is maybe try and change the font of your title, and move the title down a bit. It doesn't mesh well with the graphic. Again, like the previous blog I reviewed, you might want to look into stepping out of the rigid Blogger box and find a better widget or tool for your archives. Also, maybe try changing your font in your posts to black. About the only color thats going to show up on a gray post body is black.

On a positive note, she's included her picture, a little short blurb about herself. (Note to self: Diva, give this gal a high-five because we share the same pet peeve.) Her blogroll is short and sweet, and there's NO clutter. I like it!

Content: Here's my biggest gripe about this blog. The posts have no date on them. When I first clicked on the site, I wasn't sure when the last time was that she blogged. Is that post from 3 months ago, or is it from 3 minutes ago? No way of knowing that. Obviously, it will show my what month its from in the archives, but no more detail than that, I'm afraid.

Moving on. Can we say balls of steel? Girl, you are one tough cookie!

I am trying to go through the archives and see just what this gal is all about, but I'm having a hard time keeping track of who people are... Ms. DIA, M&M, PnB... gah! Can you at least just make up a name or sumpthin'??? And who died? I feel like I'm watching a soap opera and don't know who anyone is or what they are talking about. Catch me up, girl! Let's go have coffee!

In reading through the posts, I got the feeling that sometimes she was posting just because she felt like she "should." Whether you post twice a day, or twice a month, write what you want when you want to. Don't feel obligated to check in with us... hell, we wouldn't know it anyways since there's no dates on anything, right?!?!?! To be honest, after reading through several of the archived posts, I'm not seeing anything that's really compelling me to stick around. I certainly don't hate her writing, but it's not a blog I'd come back to read regularly. Maybe it was the color scheme or something, but I just had this melancholy feeling the entire time I was reading.

I did manage to find this one nugget of pure gold... I am drooling over this HOT SPECIMEN OF MAN right here... Wow! This alone made my day today!

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? Fix the things in your template that I mentioned above and keep on writing about your life.

What is the best feature of this blog? She seems like someone I could be good friends with. She's got a lot of potential in her posts, and I think she needs to find that one niche that she can call her own.

Rating: 6.5 My dear, I'm coming back to check on you sometime... just to see how things are going.

Labels:

content header

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home