content header
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Life: The Ongoing Education



Blog Being Reviewed: Life: The Ongoing Education
Reviewed By: Diva Dee




At First Glance: This one's a snoozer.

Template/Design: I promise to stay awake through this review, even though the template is a boring, albeit calming and relaxing shade of ---

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

OK, Miss Lara David. Here's the deal. Your writing (which I will get to in a moment) is superb. However, if I was just a random blog visitor skimming through blogs, I would have passed this one by. There's nothing attention-grabbing on your main page that makes me want to see what this blog is all about. I know that the new Blogger is very standard, strict, conforming. We all have experienced it. You need to make your page more YOU. Whether it means scoping the internet for a new template, or trying to tweak the one you're already using, it doesn't matter. Even a free template can jazz up your site a bit. You've got important things to say, and I will be the first to shout from the rooftops that your blog needs to be out there for more people to read.
Some minor tweaks I would do? Move your archives up higher in your sidebar. Consider using a pull-down menu for your archives, or some other way or rolling them up a bit. Also, IF you are going to continue using the new Blogger, you might try out their "label cloud" instead of listing your categories/labels in your sidebar. It tends to get quite lengthy.

Content: Diva Dee Followers Readers, here's your assignment. I've made a list of some posts for you to read. Please take a few moments and read through them.

I'll still be here when you return.

Ups & Downs
Because Sometimes Life Kicks Your Ass
Getting Pampered (and I don't mean the diapers)
How Much "I" is TMI?
Not Going Back

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

Done? Good.

She's a writer. I found dozens of posts that could be considered for the "Perfect Post Awards"... not just the ONE she was awarded so far. She speaks from the heart, and I admire her for that. No subject is off limits to her, and I feel connected to her. Struggling as she struggles, laughing as she laughs, and getting pissed off when she is pissed off. And I'm just a stranger who read through some of her archives. This is a blogger we need to get to know more. Even though she realizes her worth is not determined by the comments she receives and the volume of traffic to her site, we still need to go give her some love.

Go visit her. Add her to your blogroll. I DID.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? My dear blogger Lara David, I love your blog. I would love it more if your template wasn't so boring.

What is the best feature of this blog? In case you haven't already figured it out, it's her writing, people!

Rating: 9 (If you're interested in some help with finding a free template, let me know. I'd be happy to help.)

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara says...

thank you so much for the kind review. i appreciate the offer to help me with a new template too - it's something i already knew was... lacking, let's say, in my blog. i just haven't figured out how to get a better template yet. :-P

8/15/2007 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home