content header
Friday, August 17, 2007
In the Trenches of Mommyhood




Blog Being Reviewed: In the Trenches of Mommyhood
Reviewed By: Naughty Nina



At First Glance: Custom pimped-out header - totally dope. You can tell right off this is a mommy blog with twist(ed) mommy behind it. Love the lampshade... and as a fellow mother who spent a good few years under one, I can totally relate. Excellent "about me" section too... it makes me want to stay. And go out drinking with you because you're obviously not one of "those" moms.

Template/Design: This is a three column template - not usually my thang (we like two). BUT... this one's ok because it's fairly neet and tidy and she keeps all her fluff n' junk (awards, pats on the back, props to her peeps etc) down at the bottom where it belongs...out of site. Unfortunately though, that's where her archives are too so I had to scrolling through FOUR - count em' FOUR - separate blogrolls and then yack up tonight's dinner when I ran into all the love she's got goin on down there - just to find her history.


Content: This chick is my kind of mom. She's not perfect, not pretentious and not Martha Stewart - she's real and she writes that way. Any woman who can laugh about, with and totally AT the expense of her children is a winner in my book. What good are they if you can’t mock them I say. She agrees whole heartedly. See what I mean?

What is the one thing I would change about this blog? Not a darn thing about the writing, she's awesome. As far as her side bar goes... combine all your blogrolls into one, do a little maintenance too(get rid of the ones you don't read anymore - you don't seriously read them all do you?). And get those archives or as you so cutely put them your "Skrew the baby books" up at the top so we can find them and read your works of literary art.

What is the best feature of this blog? Her posts are very enjoyable - she loves and appreciates her friends, her family and her kids...while finding a great way to write about the humor, the fun and the fears of raising them. Good times.

Rating: 9 - Nina likes.
content header

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarahviz says...

Thanks for the lovin'. I was striving for a perfect 10! Time to go clean up my blogrolls, I guess...*sigh* Like I don't have enough REAL cleaning to do as it is....

8/18/2007 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home