content header
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Mommy Needs A Martini
Mommy Needs a Martini

First Impression: Let me just start by saying, I love the name. I do not however love Martinis but it might have sounded a little "red neckish" if it said Mommy Needs A Beer so I can adapt :) The header of the picture - however cool it is - is freakin' huge! I mean, really huge! What is up with this? You sort of forget to scroll down you are so taken aback by the picture. But I can overlook this too, as the colors and the picture itself is really quite cool.

Template: Ah, I thought I was in heaven here! The sidebar is so wonderful it almost made me cry. So nicely organized, so easy to read, short but not too much so that you aren't able to figure out a little bit about her. Granted the titles aren't written so people can actually understand who they are reading, but I guess if you get her then you would understand. The bunnies? Ba-da Bing? That was so fucking money? I'm assuming the fact that she likes all these people but who knows right? The background is a bit of a open white space but the pink makes up for it.

Content: This is where it falls a bit short. I love that she writes short, easy to read posts, but I feel it lacks a bit of emotion. Some of the posts have very short, fragmented sentences so you sort of feel like she is talking to her best friend who would already understand her. Reading her for the first time you might feel like she left something out, but not altogether horrible. In fact some of the posts are really quite amusing! Especially the one where her son was given a school time-out for making kissy faces at the girls. What are schools coming to nowadays? But I digress...

In Summation: I genuinely felt like if I knew her that I would love her. There are a lot of posts about her boy but I think that is great, if you're into that thing. I personally am, so I'm okay with it. Lots of humor about being a parent and some really funny conversation with the hubs and son. It might need a bit more introspection but not everyone writes to spill their guts to the entire world, but once in a while might not be too bad. I think this girl has style and class and if she is ever available for shopping I am so there!

RATING - 7 out of 10
content header

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Thank you for your review. The sidebar titles make references to the movie Swingers. Bunnies was a phrase they used for "babes"...and my fellow "mommy bloggers" are all under The Bunnies. The rest...well...peeps can figure out on their own. :)
Anyhooooo...I am always available for shopping! ;)

2/19/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Leesa says...

I sort of thought her content sucked. Visually appealing site with no content. The true meaning of the words eye candy.

2/20/2007 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Leesa...maybe you should take your own advice on your blog and if you don't like what you read...don't come back. Frankly...your blog is about as exciting as watching paint dry...content included.
I happen to enjoy her blog. She is funny and witty and doesn't write long meandering posts about how much her kids ate or when they poop or gee...reviews about You Tube. Um...why?

2/20/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home