content header
Monday, February 26, 2007
Canadutch
Canadutch - It's somewhere near Timbucktoo, I think.

First Impression:
The template is an obsessive compulsive person's dream!!! Therefore I'm in LOVE! Now, it's not a template I would ever choose for my own blog but as a blog to read, oh dear lord it's amazing.

Template: The colors are bold and vivid and the organization would make Monk so proud! Since I am Monkish and reviewing this site, that makes me very proud! Her categories across the top under the header are interesting and I actually went through them all. The sidebar is neat and tidy and contains your non-typical sidebar blather which I found it enlightening and a breath of fresh air! I just don't have any complaints, yet.

Content: This is where I get bored. The main content is sleep-inducing. I could only make it through a few posts. It appears she loves turtles. Cool. I have no complaints on that... but it's not a blog about turtles.... so I'm not looking for posts involving turtles. If I wanted to hear about turtles I would turn on the Discovery Turtle Channel. All turtles, all the time. Wait, that channel doesn't exist because turtles are BORING! Granted, hers are cute and I will never fault someone for loving a little pet such as this... it's just not my cup of tea. With that said, I am very sorry for the loss of Cupid. Since she loves her turtles so much, I am sure losing one hurts.
Now, the categories across the top is what I liked the most. Since she is a Canadian living in a foreign country, she has a category for each country. In it she describes each of her "homes" very well including maps. I LOVED this! It provided great insight into each country and showcased her personality very well. Blogs are personal and people want to really know you through a blog and she encompasses that idea quite well. Then there is a "SPATS" category dedicated to marital fights. I wanted to hate this category. I wanted to roll my eyes and think, ok, this is stupid. Then, I read it. Actually, I found it funny and enjoyed the non-typical aspect of it! Just so she knows... Whites DO get washed in hot water, shorts and wool socks should NEVER mix, sit to wipe and fix the dog.

Sidebar: Today, this gets its own category because I love it so. There are no weather pixies, gigantic blog rolls, stupid flashing buttons and other annoying bullshit. Instead, she organized her search and archives well. She has created a movement against auto-play music on blogs (THANKYOUVERYMUCH) and she is an avid reader and simply likes to share her books, shows and movies of choice in non-threatening and overbearing manner. Good to know! I hope you get that camera you lust after as well. It's nice. If I was rich I would send it to you as a gift for having such a well organized and interesting blog! But I'm not rich, so you aren't getting it.

In Summation: Aesthetically it's wonderful, organizationally (yeah, it's a fucking word because I just said it is) it's amazing and it's very interesting. Her content is a bit boring but that is small fries compared to all the other good shit she is offering. The bottom line is she knows what a blog is all about. She really lets you know who she is and she isn't afraid of being herself. She gives you great insight to what her life is like. She is leading a very interesting life and yet she is very relateable at the same time. And, because of her, I now know that I never want to live in Dutchland. They have funny toilets and don't eat gravy. What the fuck is that all about?

Rating 8 out of 10 - I swear to God, there WILL be a blog I hate very soon!

Labels:

content header

2 Comments:

Blogger Capricorn Cringe says...

I read this blog a lot - I can't get into the turtle thing either, but that's okay. Blogging is an ebb and flow kind of thing. Turtle posts are kind of "ebb" to me ... but it all evens out in the end. I read it cuz I like it and I'll endure a few boring posts now and then.

2/26/2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Note to self: Give Ruby Lou a shitty blog to review.

I've seen this blog on BE, and it's in just about everybody's blogroll... so she must have quite a following.

I personally have never gotten into it, but it's OK.

2/26/2007 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home