content header
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Unseal My Lips
Unseal My Lips

First Impression: My very first thought was "Well you better seal mine because I'm going to say things that may tick someone off". Don't you just love when someone starts out a review like that???

Well, first it took a fuck-load of time to load. Even when it said it was done it would still stop and pause while yet another animation, picture, or do-dad would load while I was scrolling down. That annoys the crap out of me! Once I finally got to scroll without being stopped my impression was a bit better even if I did freak out a bit after reading the statement that she is a mommy to 5 - WOW! But then I was pissed because it seems like I'm only getting the mommy blogs to review lately. (This is where I whine uncontrollably until I start to feel better). That being said, I'm still going to give it a fair and unbiased review based on the blog and not the many children it probably involves.

Template: I love the header! I'm a big fan of red so it was nice to see something simple and colorful, even if it did have a bit of a teenage look to it. But I still loved it. I liked the title, I liked pretty much everything of the "general" template. Now - lets move onto the sidebar. I should put this into the category of clutter... wait, let me do that because this is a VERY large part of this.

Clutter: O.M.G. Did someone say clutter? Oh wait, that was me. MY EYES, MY EYES!! I was overwhelmed by the amount of unorganized crap that was put on this sidebar. By now you should know I'm like the Gestapo of side bars so the fact that I would get this one to review is very, VERY unlucky for Shoshana. Holy Crap Batman, this was the mother of all sidebars. The crap went all the way to the bottom of the template! Message centers, podcasts, books, music, movies she saw , books she read - 16, I repeat 16 of them and it's only February, miles she ran, movies at home, blog archives, links, a list of recent comments, counters, and finally - FINALLY - the pictures that go with all these titles. I can't even speak I am so taken aback. Really, utterly taken aback. I can only give advice here, I can't even begin to explain it all. There is a little thing called rolling up your sidebar. I suggest you look into it. You managed to roll up your links, you can certainly roll up the other crap. No one needs to know all 16 books you read. No one needs to read in big letters all the recent comments, no one cares to see big pictures of the books, music, and other things you are doing right now. Put it in separate posts and link to that if you have to - JUST MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY!

Content: It was good. Not overly fantastic, but definitely good for a personal blog. There was the typical Wordless Wednesday, Thursday Thirteens, memes, and some information about her life and her kids. It bounced around, I couldn't find any running stories which I generally enjoy, but the posts were informative and I found humor in some of them. Generally this isn't my type of blog, I wasn't drawn in necessarily but I could see how others would be. You can tell by the amount of comments she has on them that people genuinely like her so that is a good thing! I just wish there was a little more depth to this blog - I felt like I was inundated with "stuff" that didn't really mean anything to me. It just didn't feel like I really knew her even when I loaded the archives (which took way too long again). Either way, it was good for some.

In Summation: I still can't get over the sidebar, but I'm really trying, I swear I am! I think a lot of people could enjoy this blog if they overlook the amount of clutter. Once that is cleaned up I think this writer could get a lot more people to stay... if it loaded just a bit quicker!

Rating - 5 out of 10
content header

4 Comments:

Blogger Diva Dee says...

WOW. Yes, she has the sidebar from hell. And as I was saying that, her fucking blog promptly locked up my computer. WAYYYYYY too much shit to load.

You were nicer than I would have been. I would have thrown this blog off the edge of a cliff.

Or at the very least, we could have started with a 10 and then subtracted one point for every second it took this page to fully load, and she would have probably ended up with a negative 23! ! !

2/21/2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown says...

I was just coming on here to say that it totally locked up my computer, too. I had to reboot. And I have high-speed internet, so....Wow! I am just going to have to take your word about the content, cuz...I dare not venture there again to find out for myself.

2/21/2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Lara says...

Wow, that's crazy. It only took a second to load on my work computer, so I tried it on my laptop and loaded regularly there too. I wonder what it is that's locking up other computers.

2/21/2007 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Hey Sexy Simone, thanks for reviewing my blog.

I have no idea why it wouldn't load on high-speed. It's loading great on my 56K dinosaur computer.

Midwest girl...thank you! I have no idea why that is.

2/21/2007 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home