content header
Monday, February 19, 2007
Confessions Of A Stressed Out Mom
Confessions Of A Stressed Out Mom

First Impression: My first impression was seriously bad. BAD BAD BAD. First, let me just use these words... STANDARD BLOGGER TEMPLATE. If that wasn't bad enough, it was the one with the freakin' dots. You know the one, where you can't even look at the words the stupid dots are just staring at you saying "HA HA!" I couldn't stand it, it was killing me so I just skipped right to the content because there is NOTHING good I could say about this template.

Template: For those of you who didn't get the hint above, let me reiterate. It sucked. There is nothing good about it. I would rather slash my wrists then ever have to look at it again. Enough said.

Content: Oh crap...it went from bad to worse! Let me just give you a little preview of what you will see.

All totaled my savings via coupons and special store card savings added up to a total of $39.81 cents. I got a nice stock of meat & chicken in the freezer so I am sure that next week I won't have to purchase much if any meat. Out of our $125.00 grocery envelope we have $11.73 for the remainder of the week. That will be good if I need to stop for milk or something small.


I'm wasn't sure if it could get any worse, but somehow it did. I'm all for someone getting out debt, absolutely! But c'mon, is that all you can find to write about? Even the one semi-amusing post about using her credit card to clean off her ice packed car didn't make me laugh as it should. There is nothing funny, entertaining, or even remotely interesting about this blog. This is only my opinion of course, and she did seem to have some readers because a few of her posts had some decent amount of comments, but unless they are family I have no clue why they are reading it.

In summation: Great job getting out of debt - now get out of blog writing... and quick!

Rating: 2 out of 10
content header

11 Comments:

Blogger Lara says...

Uh, oh....I'm screwed. That's my template!

2/19/2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger Mama of 2 says...

Well at least you didn't disappoint me. I didn't expect you to like me very much and really that's okay. I took my chances putting myself out there for your review.

As for getting out of blogging...not going to happen anytime soon. I enjoy it as hideous as you might find my topics and subjects it's still a place for me and ultimately that's what I started it for and will continue doing it for.

And for the record none of my family knows about my blog so the posts with a decent turn out of replies are actually people who don't mind what I have to say or my dots. LOL!

Thanks again for the review.

2/19/2007 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

ok, I'm going to put away the bitchy attitude for the day--

Seriously -- if you don't like the plain-jane blogger templates, and want to try something different, we might be able to help!

None of us are experts at templates or graphic design, but we at least know how to install a template for you that might better suit your style.

Email us if you're interested, and we might be able to help you find something you like!

2/19/2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Lara says...

Diva Dee - I have modified the dots template quite a bit, but the dots are still in the background. I like the dots. The dots sooth me. I like their clean lines and subtle bits of color. What can I say?

2/19/2007 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Hey, you think about putting a list of the worst blogs on the side under the best blogs so people can see what not to do along with what to do?

2/19/2007 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

anonymous midwest girl - if you like the dots, stick with it! It's your blog! To me, its better than having a plain boring white page! Whatever trips your trigger, I say!

Anonymous - the worst blogs? I thought we'd hacked them to pieces enough without having to broadcast in the sidebar. But thats a good idea. I might have to think about that. In all honesty, this is all about finding new blogs to read and what might be a 2 on my scale, could be a 6 on Sexy Simone's and an 8 on Ruby Lou's, and maybe even a 10 on yours. Good idea, though!

2/19/2007 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Get a life. I think there are many other better things to do than rip someone apart who is trying their best to reach out of their little corner and find someone to encourage them.

If you can't find anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why, I learned that in Kindergarten. Didn't you?

2/19/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Anonymous - OF COURSE!

FYI, she sumbitted her site to US. She asked for this review.

Here's her email:

Hi all,

I would enjoy a review of my blog by you. Yes I agree to the fine print and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

My blog is called: Confessions of a Stressed Out Mom.
Here's the URL: http://www.confessions-of-a-stressed-out-mom.blogspot.com/

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mama of 2


Read the rules for our site, my dear. She agreed to them when she submitted her blog.

2/20/2007 6:03 AM  
Blogger Leesa says...

there are some templates that look okay.

Regarding feedback - More than a year ago (I think), I asked the "slap blog review site" to review my site. They focussed on one weak post and went to town. I post most work days, so there were a lot of posts, and they critiqued one post. Sort of lame.

I popped over to the stressed mom site, and it was not terrible. Not sure I would have given it a two, but the review was a bit fair. I think if the template doesn't detract from the content, that's okay. But the words are so small and the dots don't add much. Maybe you were onto something.

2/20/2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger Lara says...

I have to agree on the boring content, though....there's really nothing there that makes me want to go back. Maybe if I was in her exact situation, but seeing lists and calculations and that over and over just doesn't connect with me. I felt like I was back in accounting class. I would agree with the "2" rating here, but again, maybe someone closer to her situation would give it a higher rating.

2/20/2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Kim Tracy Prince says...

I am one of Stressed Out Mom's regular readers and I consider myself a blog reading veteran. I enjoy her site because her stories are so every day real lifey and honest. She doesn't sugarcoat or embellish or even spell check sometimes which I find charming. And yes, since I have a similar lifestyle (kids, etc.) that is part of why I can relate to her.

2/22/2007 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home