content header
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Circle of the Muses
Ruby Lou, another blog with "muses!" Can you believe it?

Here we go with "Circle of the Muses", a 40-something gal from the east coast. According to her tag line, its "A personal blog about totally random things. I'm just a little bit Absinthe-minded!"

First Impression: Green background, green header, green font, green frog, green 'muses'... I'm think my face is starting to turn green with nausea. I truly expected a leprechaun to jump out at me and ask me if I wanted some Lucky Charms. Top o' the fucking morning to ya, my lassie!

Template/Navigation: I think I've said it already. Green, Green, Green.

I do not like GREEN BLOGS and ham.
I do not like them, Sam I am!
I will not read them on a train,
I will not read them on a plane.
I do not like GREEN BLOGS and ham!

You get the idea... perhaps her drinking too much absinthe while blogging is not such a good thing. I'll admit I had to look up the word "absinthe" in the dictionary. I was thinking it was some kind of alcohol and it turns out I was actually right! I think I need a drink to get me through the rest of this review, so pass some absinthe my way.

Content: Let's hope her content is her saving grace, because so far, the template is not doing it for me. She claims its a personal blog about random things, and her content definitely fits that description! ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.

She mentions a little about her shopping incident at Steinmart recently, and how the fitting room clerk was a total bee-yotch. Then, at the end of the email she adds a little note "after some reconsideration" and took back all the mean things she said. Stand your ground, dammit! If you had a bad day, tell us about it! If the lady was a total ho-bag bitch, tell us! Don't be all wishy-washy! Don't back down! Don't "reconsider"... you made excuses for her being rude. Pffftttt. Whateva!

I guess the best way for me to describe my experience with this blog?? I'm bored. Just plain bored. It's not that all her writing is boring. There are some good posts scattered throughout the green-ness. But I just don't know if its enough to keep me glued to the screen to see what's coming next. I assume this is a blog she writes for "in real life" family and friends, as well as those of us strangers out in the internet world. There's one problem with that, though. She very casually mentions people by name-- people I have no clue as to who they are or if they are even people (dogs? imaginary playmates? your collection of Hummel figurines you've given names to?). Are they neighbors or your kids or your co-workers? I have no fucking clue. And frankly, I really don't like being clueless. Another reason I don't care to read much more of this blog. I just don't know who the hell anyone is!

Clutter: There really isn't any. The plain green background really could be improved with a little bit a' clutter. Blogroll is ok, not too long yet. Archives could be rolled up, but they aren't out of control yet.

Would I Return? Um, not likely. It's not my cuppa tea. Or absinthe.

Rating: 3 out of 10

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin says...

Hey now... my blog is green :)

3/09/2007 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

my blog is green too!

3/10/2007 5:43 AM  
Blogger Abigail S says...

I've been to her blog a few times... Definitely too much absinthe!

3/10/2007 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home