content header
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
(Often) Pedantic Musings
(Often) Pedantic Musings - A world where women is spelled "womyn"

First Impression:
I want to hate the template. I really do. But I can't quite do it. It's boring (and that is a common theme here) but it's not abusive to my eyes. I'm indifferent to it (also a common theme here). Oh look, a blog with the word "musings" in the title. Now there is some originality. Pedantic? Ok, that's good. That word has pulled commonality of the title out of the proverbial blogosphere gutters of crapdome.

Template:
Read above. I just don't fucking care.

Content:
Well, I'm not sure what to say about the content. My creative juices are sitting on the shelf with my good mood for today. They want to be left alone and it the wake of their absence what is left is a cranky, indifferent and lifeless shell of the person I was yesterday. But, I digress, this isn't about me. It's about her. And, speaking of her, and her content... I fucking hate that she uses so many links in her posts. I don't care what the reasons are and if there is actually a good reason, it bugs me. It's a major distraction from the post. It's like driving down the road and catching every fucking red light. When I hit a link, I don't want to click on it and break my stride of reading, but sometimes you have to in order to understand the reference. Well, you know, a lot of other bloggers manage just fine or find a way to make those references without disrupting their posts. I say, use hyperlinks in your posts only when necessary. And most of your shit isn't necessary. Now, lets get started on the word "womyn". Why? Is there a particular reason for this? Is it a shameless attempt of attracting Googlers who miss spell the word so they get transported to your pedantic world of musings? I have a hard time believing that your obvious incorrect spelling of the word 'women' is an accident because your intelligence precedes you. Regardless, yet again, it fucking bugs me. The rest of the content is humdrum but intelligent. I tried reading it objectively today despite my foul mood, but I am not sure I succeeded. In my defense, I read this blog last week when it was first assigned and my mood was more elevated and I didn't care for it then, either.

Sidebar: Yep, she's got one. It's clean. That's a plus.

In Summation: Blah blah blah, yada yada yada. It's a blog... she has a few readers... good for her. People won't be flocking to her in droves, but that's cool. She is who she is and shouldn't change for anyone, let alone a bitchy blog reviewer like myself. This blog is just more suited for that target audience of the intelligent, modern and independent coffee-house genre like herself.

Rating 5 out of 10 - (because I just don't care either way... so we meet in the middle)


Labels:

content header

7 Comments:

Blogger Lara says...

My gay feminist male friend uses "womyn" because "women" is a derivative of "men" and women are much more than just a subset of men. Or something like that.

3/07/2007 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

The link to the blog isn't working - and I'm dying to see the boring and blah blah blah blog :)

3/07/2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger RubyLou says...

Thank you so much for your explanation AMG! I appreciate that.
I knew it was something along those lines, I just couldn't find the explanation.

As for me, it still bugs me. Now it just bugs me more because I am NOT a feminist. I am secure enough in my womanhood to not feel threatened by the spelling of a word. It doesn't make me less of a woman just because my gender moniker contains MAN or MEN in it. For pete's sake.

SS - I'll check the link... but I think it's fine.

3/07/2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger Whisky says...

OUCH!!!

I clicked on the link to see the womayn and that color hurt my eyes sooooo much I closed the window straight away.

How bright a colour is that?!

Maybe that's why she doesn't have many readers? Their eyes get burned out on opening her blog!

Hugs

Whisky

xxx

3/07/2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown says...

Nope, the link brings me right back to this page. Oh well. Now I am a-fearing for my life, since MY blog title includes the word "Muses". Yikes! I never knew I was committing a blog faux pas, but then again, thats what I'm here for, so.....enlighten me, oh ye Blog Goddesses!!

3/07/2007 3:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown says...

HAHAHA! I just had a major "blonde Moment". The link is fine. Its just me thats not working right.
I clicked on the Title instead of the link underneath. Nevermind....

3/07/2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Abigail S says...

Yeah, her blog template is horrible! It is way too bright. It's like staring into the sun. There's no way I could even read her content to comment on that.

3/07/2007 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home