content header
Friday, March 2, 2007
Yokooso
Yokooso

First Impression: WTF?? Why does this happen to me? Why the hell do I get the blogs that don't load, are overloaded with pictures, and are generally sucky. Just my freakin' luck huh? Ok, first, I don't even know what the fucking name of the blog is. I assume it is Yokooso but who the hell knows. Is it a photo blog? It is an autobiography as she says that it is? All I know is that I have DSL extreme and it took me almost 1 1/2 full minutes to load the pictures, and it was slow. 19 images remaining... 18 images remaining... 17 images remaining... ACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Template: Oh Jeesh, I can't even begin to make sense of this. A bright blue sky with the moving type of template above it. HATE IT! I hate the thousands of pictures on the posts, on the sides, anywhere she wants. Again, I say WTF??? Condense that shit - puleez! I can't deal with it. If you are going to have (wait, let me count), 18 pictures within the 2 posts and the sidebar then find a program (they are free) that can do something to make the pictures load easier. I'm so befuddled by the template I can't think of the name of the program or what the hell its called, but google it.

Content: Yeah, like I said, there were 2 freakin' posts on the page and then blank and empty space. The posts were about Vo5 - you know the hair conditioner, and snow. Not something you need to read, believe me. I could have gone to the archives to see if there was some semblance of a life there, but I didn't feel like waiting to watch it all load.

Would I return?: Are you fucking kidding me? Not even if someone said that I could never have a Big Mac again in my entire life unless I read her blog. Hell no - see ya McDonald's!!

*EDIT* I wrote this on Feb 28th when she had a full month of posts (all 3 of them) but now it brought up only March's posts (1 of them) so it doesn't take sooooooo long to load because she hasn't posted an insane amount of pictures yet. Lucky us.

Rating - Well since Diva Dee had her first 10, I think it is only fitting to give my first 0 - So, 0 out of 10

Labels:

content header

10 Comments:

Blogger Diva Dee says...

Stupid SOB blogger-- I've left this comment twice now, dammit!

I would have given this blog a big fat fucking ZERO, too. No doubt about it.

3/02/2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger Demara says...

Thanks guys for the review! Ya you must have checked my blog on a day where I put two posts to show on one day...ya I know it was slow thanks!!! I have set it to only show one post at a time now...please come back if you like and read me...thanks for the input.

Why do I have pics on the sidebar?
like that?

My readers requested it!!!

Check ya all lataaa~

3/02/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Demara says...

OH AND the first thing you should do is read my "GREETINGS" page, that explains what the Title means and how YOU can change the sky background.

3/02/2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Bill C says...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/02/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Bill C says...

(stupid fingers can't type...)
Yeahbut - okay I'm not a real reviewer but I tend to gravitate toward underdogs (Underdog! Help-help!) and I'd say the first Zero Score qualifies as an underdog.

So... another perspective: I kind of like this "0" blog.

*ducks*

The template-ized bits make nice use of highlight and shadow. The sidebar is clear, uncluttered, easy to understand (compared to say, mine, which looks like it was designed by an A.D.D. crack addict, which is true except for the crack "crack").

As for the slow-load pictures - I'm just guessing but the site seems to use a thumbnailer that loads full size pics and creates smaller views on the fly. This makes sense if you want to actually view most pics full size; they're already loaded. But it's not an "efficient" thumbnailer, that's for sure.

And I didn't see it on Feb. 28th so my load-time wasn't intolerable but a minute and a half? Definitely not good. How many people are going to be that patient, especially first time visitors? Few I think.

I'm a sucker for bloggy widgets like background and theme switchers, so I like that part. Even so I'd recommend adding a plain, solid color non-image background for those who don't care for the stationary image effect.

Content - well, there's lots of it, that's for sure. Good spelling and grammar, at least one reference to 'barfing' in the last ten days - what's to not like? Okay I've only read a couple posts so I can't say either way on content.

Broken and/or Strange Bits: the calendar widget runs from Monday through Sunday. On purpose? I don't know but I'm used to seeing Sunday through Saturday so it looks weird to me. There's a blog admin setting that controls that kind of thing.

Depending on how I load a post - via calendar or stepping through - the navigation links at the bottom of the post "window" may or may not be there. This seems inconsistent at best and makes it harder to go through a sequence of posts. Probably a template thing and maybe easy to fix, or maybe it's just me and my bogusware browser.

Anyway. Just my unprofessional and caffeine-hazed opinions; your monkeys may vary.

3/02/2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Radioactive Jam, we always wondered if you were an "A.D.D. crack addict." Glad to finally have that question answered!

To sum it all up, I didn't like this blog. I didn't find anything remotely interesting about it, and I'm glad it wasn't my turn to review it. Blah.

3/02/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Daisy says...

Oh Girls! - your new page is beautiful! I'm so jealous!

3/04/2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Apparently, she doesn't even know the name of her own blog either, because she corrected the spelling from "Yokooso" to "Yokoso"... meaning "Welcome" in Japanese."

It still sucks.

3/05/2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Bill C says...

Site makeover, eh? Looks real good. I especially like the-- Gaaaah! Disembodied legs, under the desk! Run for your lives!

3/05/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger Demara says...

Hey Diva Dee,

Did you know that you can actually spell "welcome" both ways in Japanese? (At least that's what I was taught when I studied it for 3 years 5 years ago.)

I just liked how the one with two o's looked but I didn't like how it's not recognized by Google as Japanese...I guess Google figures that whether one o or two it's the same, so might as well just keep it as one. You see when you add an o to make a long vowel sound it shows more emphasis in Japanese.

ie: So Desu Ne...or Sooooooo Desu Ne or Soo Desu Ne means: very Good, Very very very good, or very very good, get it?

But since people in general probably don't know this about Nihongo or the Japanese language it's best just to keep it as Yokoso with one o, plus this way there are no confusions as to it's meaning. And to make it even less confusing I added the definition to the sidebar. I am ok with change. And I am constantly trying to improve things over there...but I am happy you visited anyway despite Sexy Simone's nasty review, thanks!

Thanks again Radioactive Jam for your review I think you did a thorough and excellant job!!! I even asked my husband the Web Designer what you meant by the non-scrolling background image, of which I assumed was in fact the "wallpapers" instead of the "tiles", and it was so. I don't think that's affecting speed though...it's the size of the image and how I program the link to enlarge it...so you were right about that!

Thanks again for your help guys!!!

3/06/2007 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home