content header
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
The Hot Dog Truck
The Hot Dog Truck - The life and times of a hot dog man

First Impression - Normally I am more than apt to skip this part of the review, but this time I just had to add in this very powerful portion of this review. Okay, not really, but I just HAD to tell my first impression. The first time I saw this on Blog Explosion I immediately was in hate with this blog. I thought it was stupid, immature, ridiculous, and down right dumb. Yep, that sure was my first impression alright! But don't fret hotdog man, it only gets better from here!

Template
- Sorry Hotdog man, I could definitely live without the ads, I'm just not that kind of girl. However, the template is fun and almost whimsical. Granted it took me a while to like it, really it did. I have seen the old header and the new one, and I definitely like the new one better. As the Bostonians say - It is wicked cool!

I'm not a fan of the 3 column template though, I just don't love it. It takes away from the stuff you have to say, which is a total shame. AND your far right sidebar is WAY too long, but for some reason I still read it. Normally (and you can ask anyone here) I would totally slam you, but my gut says that you are probably just trying to make money or whatever, and I can accept that.

Content
- You have a wicked good variety of posts, some of them funny, some serious, and some that are just there. I personally love that in a blog writer. You don't spend too much time on one subject, and you are genuinely entertaining! From the posts when you first started writing to the posts you are writing now, your writing itself has evolved and I like that. In February you tended to be more conservative and now you seem to be really opening up, which I totally appreciate. In short, I like you, and I like your blog!

Rating - 7 out of 10
- I should be taking more points off for the crap in the sidebar, but I'm trying to overlook it :)

Labels:

content header

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Yeah the ads. Well if it turns some people off, so be it. I want a forum for my spew, splee and splibble and at the same time I'd like to make a few bucks.

Whimsical was what I was looking for!

Thanks for the review.

I am thinking of starting a new blog that reviews blogs that review blogs.....

;o)

4/11/2007 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I'm glad to hear you like the new header. :?) I really enjoyed creating it.

4/11/2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home