content header
Friday, June 15, 2007
Let Me Go On and On


Blog Being Reviewed: Let Me Go On and On
Reviewed By: Lexis Eldorado



At First Glance: A peek into a life of a Christian lesbian who loves God, yet is beaten down by other Christians for loving someone of the same gender. Some posts may be controversial, and others are humorous stories of Debra Pasquella’s life. Make yourself at home! YIKES!

Template/Design: There's this darkness the goes against the description of the blog. It makes you immediately feel dark and depressed - irregardless of the white. Which is another thing - too much white! I felt like I was in the loony bin.

Content: This is where my reviewers hat become glued to my head. It's not about what I think or my beliefs politically, morally, religiously or otherwise - it's about how this person, living their life conveys it via a blog. She's on vacay now chillin somewhere nice, so no recent blog entries.
I read quite a bit and her opinions are strong, she spends ALOT of time backing up what she is saying and sprinkled in there are personal tidbits about her own life. Her writing style is a bit in your face as in "YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT" and there is alot of that big bolded letters, sometimes I wondered who is she trying to convince...I didn't go super deep beacause irregardless to what I said above - my own feelings about the intrepretation of religious text for one's personal use kept creeping in. I'm sure she has hoards of folks who are in agreement with her, maybe she should write to them and not to the masses, that way the 'edge' would be taken off and she would be speaking to friends. I just kept seeing argument after argument and unhappiness while reading.

What is the first thing I would change about this blog? The White The White. How about black with white words - it would go with the darkness of the picture.

What is the best feature of this blog? The discipline it takes to live a life ostracized by alot of people and write about it using the very text that they use against you. If you can understand what I mean?

Rating: 5 out of 10 - This is soley based on the fact that as an African American Muslim woman, I raise my eyebrow at the 'feeling' I kept getting behind the text. That drips of water falling on your head while you're at the bottom of a siloh kinda feeling. Courage gets a 5.

Labels:

content header

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb says...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/30/2007 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home