content header
Thursday, February 8, 2007
I ended up here...how?
I ended up here...how?

Ah, the story of what seems like a die-hard New Yorker turned New Englander... how quaint. Although the premise certainly doesn't compel me to run over there, I could see the promise in this blog.

Before I begin I must say that we were rather surprised to receive emails telling us to "bash" this blog mainly because she has "connections", and by that we mean to THEM. If you don't know who they are then catch up and look down people! We here don't believe in that, although normally I would say sure, what the fuck! But nope, I'm going to be the better one and handle this like I don't even know who reads her shit.

That being said, let us start at the beginning. I opened up this blog to see this very large - make that absolutely fucking huge - beach scene. Well, I love the ocean just as much as the next East Coast girl, but that is a bit much! MAKE IT SMALLER! Sorry to scream, but look at it and you'll be screaming too. I look over to her "profile" and read the words "Thank G-D I have the ocean 5 minutes away". First off, don't boast, most of us aren't that lucky, and second...

Live a little, put the O in God! Go for it, no one is going to strike you dead, unless you are as "wasp-y" as you claim to be. I look at the general template and although nice it is nothing special. My question still remains, even after spending a good bit of time looking around, what the heck are those little symbols between all of your sidebar titles? They just need to go - now! Other than that, it was rolled up which I can totally appreciate and not filled with the normal bullshit people insist on putting on their sidebars.

Now, the fun stuff. The posts. Interesting to say the least! I myself love to be a good voyeur and this is the blog to do it. Seems like she is having a little problem in the love department and has decided to fix it through J-Date, a Jewish dating site. Think Match.com but with all the stereotypical Jewish men (as told by her posts). She did mean a guy somewhere along the line called "boatman", I think that was his name, but he seemed to break her heart, but no more so than "single dad" who in my humble opinion was a total slut. She seems to hang her heart on her sleeve, which is almost romantic in a stupid, psychotic, I'm begging to be hurt, kind of way. Either way it seems as this girl is looking for marriage (oh, hon, aren't we all?).

She has got 2 boys that I'm guessing she shares custody with because she seems to go out a lot with her girlfriends, but all in all, definately not a mommy blog, more like a dating blog with posts about work and kids. It's cool though, and I don't often say that about any blog. You go girl! Get that man and hook 'em in!

Would I return? OH heck yeah, I'm loving this girls style, attitude, and refreshing honesty that only comes with age and divorce. Lovin' her!

Rating - 7 out of 10
content header

7 Comments:

Blogger ab says...

Thanks for the review!

Couple of things... It's a Jewish thing (of which I am) not to spell out G-d. It's a diehard habit after all these years, and probably won't ever be broken.

The things between my sidebar are "tracks in the sand." I like em. Sorry you don't :D

Lastly, as for people writing in for you to bash me, I appreciate you taking the high road. If anything, it makes me want to stick around and see what else you have to say.

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Stephanie

2/08/2007 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Simone- I was hoping you liked this blog, because I've read it before, and LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Stephanie - Thanks for the explanation. And, yes, we received two emails regarding your site. Not necessarily telling us to bash it, but suggesting we "teach someone a lesson" and such.

And to be honest, we really don't give a rat's ass what or who you have listed on your sidebar/blogroll. Who cares, right?

I'll definitely be back to visit your blog again!

2/08/2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger elizabeth says...

i thought this site was really good. she's adorable and just snarky enough, without being just another woman who thinks it's cute to do nothing but bitch. it could be less grey, but other than that, i think it's great.

2/08/2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger Whisky says...

I know I sent an e mail, but there was no mention if bashing or asking to teach a lesson.

I hope things weren't misconstrued in any way....I apologise if they were.....I did ask you to tell me to butt out if you wanted to.


Anyone who includes tracks or footprints in the sand remind me of people leaving footprints on your heart :)

Feel free to leave a footprint on my ass if you want ;)

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

2/09/2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger ab says...

Diva Dee - Thanks so much!! As for who's in my blogroll - I love em all - and yours will be added shortly, cause I seem to be stalking this place as much as any other ;)

Elizabeth - Thank you :D. As for the grey - yeah, most people don't like it - don't like the template much in general - but it does remind me of home - so until i find a different one that makes me feel the same way - it's gonna stay.

Whiskey - Footprints on hearts? Would I ever do anything like that?! ;)

2/11/2007 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Awesome review. Steph ROCKS!!! :)

2/12/2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger ab says...

Thanks Jilly!!! :D

You rawk, yourself!! :)

2/13/2007 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home