content header
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
I need a shot of whisky and a cigarette

Whisky Minx - You might need a stiff shot of whisky before viewing...

First Impression: I need a vomit bag....

Template: This would be the reason for the need of a vomit bag. Of course, this was a delayed reaction because the template is fucked up in FireFox. So, I had to open up IE in order to properly view it. Once it was up, the feeling of needing to vomit came. It's blog template that would look much better in a baby girl's nursery. You know, I'm going to leave it at that because I'm feeling nauseous again.

Content: I first attempted to view this blog last night and was bored to tears and was pissed off about the template being fucked in FF and having to go over to IE. And, I didn't like reading something that made me ill. But, I pulled it up again today and was greeted with something even more disturbing than what I saw yesterday...enormous images of a sketched face that don't fit in her content area. It's not that the images were bad, they were just huge and not something I wanted to be faced with before caffeine has a change to clear my head of the sleep dust. After the first two images though, the following ones do get weird. They were lost on me. Anyway, after seeing the blog today I realized the template is fucked up in IE now. Oh joy. So, that's it. I'm done with it and will not waste any more time trying to find something good about this blog. If there is anything good, I just don't care.

In summation: Crap at it's best. One fucked up template, boring content and freaky images are enough to drive me away. It's a waste of time to read.

I now will thoroughly enjoy giving out my first big fat ZERO rating.

Rating: 0 out of 10
________________________________________
Leesa's Stories - Huh?

First Impression: The template is boring and the "tag line" is about 75 words too long. Seriously, her tag line is 89 words. Metaphoric mission statements belong on a page of their own.

Template: She likes it, she wants it clean and boring and that's fine. Whatever. I can't complain about it. Here sidebar is long but neat and everything serves a purpose that is easily understood.

Content: "Things that make you go, hmmmm?" It's random, odd and uninteresting. I spent more time trying to make sense out of it than enjoying it. There is way too much blogging about blogging and I hate that. It's quite apparent she is a traffic whore. But, she is losing readers. Leesa, concentrate on writing what you know and what you find interesting and you might get more and keep more readers. Trust me! Besides, you said yourself that BE is a waste of time. So why are you still on it? I do somewhat like the footnote idea. But the strange characters that seem to replace the apostrophe in words bugs me. I don't know if it's a browser thing, but it's annoying. The only thing that is clear and entertaining is her erotic short stories. However, it's still a source of wonderment. Are these true? (the ones where a disclaimer on top is not written stating it's true or partially true?) Are they just fantasy? She eludes rather clearly to the fact that she was unfaithful to her husband and these short stories of hers could certainly be true considering that fact. If they are then I feel sorry for her family. We are all human and make mistakes, especially when we are younger but this goes way beyond that. See, there is blogging truthfully and eloquently about your past mistakes and how you may have learned from them. Then there is blogging about your mistakes in an entertainment form that gives men hard-ons and makes you look like a slut. But I'm juss sayin'. I just hope the stories are fiction. (except for the ones that took place at a younger age and she was SINGLE)

In summation: I'm confused and bored annoyed. The short erotic stories are definitely arousing... but I just read it the whole time thinking, "please be fantasy!"

Rating 1 out 10 - (1 point for a clean template)

Labels:

content header

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Ouch! Whiskey - I know you have been so kind to us here, so I for one wanted to add my opinion.

I enjoy your template, even your blog :) I hope you don't hate us!

3/14/2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Wow, 2 more that you hate!

#1 - She used to have a pretty boring blogger template, and she probably should have stuck with that. The site she found this template on actually has some good ones, but in my opinion, this was not one of them. I expected a title like "Whisky Minx" to have a more womanly rough around the edges blog. And isn't it spelled w-h-i-s-k-E-y? The colors are just way too sugary and sweet to go with a title like WHISKY MINX. My rating: 3

#2 - I'm bored with it. Why another "Battle of the Blogs?" Isn't that a BE thing? God, do we need another? Enough said.... My rating: 0

3/14/2007 2:22 PM  
Blogger RubyLou says...

I'm sorry I trashed a loyal reader. I didn't know she was reader of ours. However, in order to maintain some ounce of dignity and fairness I won't review blogs and sugar coat things just because they are loyal. We would lose any credibility that we have and people can sniff out bullshit a mile away.

Anyone who reads this site knows what we do. I try to ALWAYS be fair in my assessments though and give the benefit of the doubt and all that crap...this particular blog just pissed me off. I will try to avoid condemning anyone personally... I don't believe in that (other than my comments to Leesa which were morally based from things she has mentioned and even then it was hypothetical for the most part). So I hope the sweet lady (she is obviously very sweet and I could clearly see that) who writes Whisky Minx will understand that this is a review site of her blog, not her as a person.

Sexy Simone I'm totally not lashing out at you girl! I'm just explaining myself. I think your comment was sweet!

And yes, thanks for pointing out my spelling error. I just went with her theme and didn't realize it. But, since color is spelled colour in the UK maybe it really is WHISKY in the UK too! LOL!

3/14/2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Diva Dee says...

Duh - didn't think of that! Yes, maybe it could be spelled differently. Or maybe she's referring to "whisky" meaning "resembling a whisk, whisklike." LMAO

And you're absolutely right about remaining unbiased in our reviews... there's a couple blogs that have been reviewed on here that I read on a regular basis. I haven't always totally agreed with the low ratings someone else has given them, but I think we each have our own opinion of what we like and don't like. There's a LOT of review sites out there, and each one could have a differing opinion. If anything, it proves we're NOT biased!

3/14/2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger Lia says...

I kinda like the Whiskey template, although all the pictures are too big. It's salvagable; just needs some cleaning up.

Although you're right that lavendar and pink don't quite go with "Whisky Minx".

3/14/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sexy Simone says...

Hey now :) I'm not saying you should sugar coat anything... If you reread my comment I said that I like her blog.

What Diva Dee said was true, we all like and dislike blogs that the others might not like or dislike. Hence why we have more than one person writing here.

3/14/2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger Leesa says...

Thanks for reviewing my blog.

Erotic Stories.I have written many times about my infidelity, and by typing "unfaithful" in the blogger search engine, I came across many posts, like this one, discussing my infidelity. Most of my stories are fiction, but there are elements of reality in most but not all of the posts. The erotic stories, as I explain on the right side of my main page, represent less than 1 percent of my writing. From your review, I can understand your concern over my family. That shows a caring individual.

Battle of the Blogs. I explained it before I started, but I would not expect you to dig for my reasoning. I saw something on YouTube and translated it to the blogging world. At the time, I did not know Blog Explosion was doing anything. I just signed up for BE recently, more to see what it was about. To me, BE is confusing and that's why I don't like it. You also said that my readership is dropping; perhaps you read a post where I said that some of my blogging buddies have stopped blogging. Readership is actually up, but I think my writing has declined over the last several months.

Other issues.I did not know about the apostrophe problem. I do not notice it under IE, and I purposefully avoid "smart quotes". I don't see the problem with my browser (or Safari). I guess I ought to check with other browsers. You mentioned the blog being random, and that is a valid criticism. I would take off 7 points just for that. It is a major detraction.

Again, I know reviewing blogs can be tough. I just wanted to address some issues, especially concerning the infidelity/erotic stories.

3/15/2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger RubyLou says...

Leesa, rebuttals like this propel me to go back to the person's blog because they actually took the time to address their review and did it in a manner that makes me proud! Not that you need my approval or anything! LOL! I truly appreciate this more than you know. I did see that the erotic stories are only 1%. It wasn't that, it was the content that concerned me... for your family, yes.

Browsers handle blogs differently... so while it may look normal in IE or Opera or Safari, it will be screwed up in Firefox. It's just a trial and error thing. I use Firefox and sometimes IE when I realize something isn't appearing right in FF.

As for randomness... it is a detraction. See, in my opinion, blogs should present a letter of intent, so to speak. That way we know as soon as we open a blog what we can expect. As soon as I opened yours, I expected articles of sorts because you are wanting to write. When I saw nothing of the sort it took away the value. So, you can just take what I said with a grain of salt... but you have a lot of potential. (that is not meant to sound like I'm an all knowing professor of blogology or anything! LOL! Just a reader that would like to see you shine... for realz!)

3/15/2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Whisky says...

Hiya Gals, Sorry for the delayed response, but work calls LOL.

Noooooo I don't take my review personally :) I know those pictures were way too big, but being a technophobe I didn't know how to crop them. They were for a specific site that requires us to post such pictures once a week, if I'd known you were coming that day I'd have baked a cake.....no, I mean not posted the pictures LOL.

I spell whiskey like whisky, as it's like my name, shortened. Sorry for the mushy template, you may notice that at the end of each post, and comment I leave "higs". That's just me, a complete "mushomantic".

I'm sorry the template didn't work! I haven't got a clue how to sort it for FF :0

Thankyou for the review, and the comments afterwards :)

I'm sorry it wasn't to your taste, but then I'm not everyones cup of tea either hehehehehe!

I hope the bullshit comment wasn't meant for me.....I pop by here every day, and not just to see if I've been reviewed, but because I like the site, and love your reviews, senses of humour, and individuality.

I still can't get your pictures to come up on my screen though :( any hints? I want to see the bigger boobies!!!

Love you gals, and always will, don't think you get rid of me that easily ;)

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

3/16/2007 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home