content header
Monday, March 12, 2007
Slainte - It's only me
Slainte - It's only me

First Impression - Well, damnit, I have to go look up what Slainte means in Irish. That is what I thought, but was intrigued since this is one very Irish girl you have here :) It means Good Health. It is a term used when toasting someone. So that means her title basically says "Good Health - It's only me"

HUH? Okay, I can accept that it doesn't make sense. In fact her blog address is much better suited, but hey, what do I know?

Template - It's green! Now, I know Diva Dee has a problem with a green blog, but this Irish girl loves it - for the most part :) I love the Celtic cross because it is beautiful, and I love the header. I don't love the sidebar, but what's new about that?

Wait, back up a second... on the sidebar I found the meaning of Slainte and what it means to her. She used to say to her mother when she called "Hi, It's only me" so it hold a special place in heart I suppose. Okay, okay, I give in, it makes sense now.

The side bar is for lack of a better word atrocious. Is that too strong? She has all sorts of cute pictures and so forth but then it gets to be a mess. She has all sorts of blogs that are under different titles so she basically has hundreds of blogs listed, and then all these yucky (yes, I said yucky) little boxes of blog ratings and just general crap. Wait, I found more blogrolls. How many do you really need? C'mon, you're telling me you read all this? Nope, no way, no how.

Content - Interesting, in a travel journal type of way. Sure, there are some personal tidbits but way more informational posts. If I wanted to read information I would go read an encyclopedia. That isn't to say that some won't find this interesting, I just don't. I was hoping for more in-depth crap, not just crap in general. I know that is being mean, but hey... no one ever accused me of being nice :)

In Summation - It needs the right type of audience, and quite frankly, most people aren't the right kind of audience. Throw in some stuff about you my dear! That is what people want! You have a good writing style, try using it for good :)

Rating - 4 out of 10

Labels:

content header

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

"She has all sorts of blogs that have different titles..."

Oh my! What's next, blogs with different URLs? Unbelievable:)

3/12/2007 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

LOL - Yep, you got me... I was writing too fast and it didn't make any sense. I meant, she had many different lists of blogs UNDER different titles. Meaning, on the sidebar it was WAY too crowded with hundreds of blogs. But thanks for putting me in my place :)

3/12/2007 2:51 PM  

Thanks for the review! It's fair ... and not too snarky. I can take it.

3/12/2007 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home